what are the symptoms of anxiety and how can it be treaten??
Hi..I am 16 y/o and have been suffering from anxiety for about 6 months now. But sometimes I can't help but wonder if its anxiety or maybe something else? I get really dizzy and this causes me to get completely freaked out my head hurts a lot at the top at the top and I get chest pains or have difficulty breathing. I already went to the hospital and had a 24h EKG came back normal. Also all of the blood tests returned normal but somehow I can't help but to feel that I am going to die or lose control of m body!I am so scared...especially of fainting in public.  Most of the time I keep m symptoms a secret because I don't want to put m parents through stuff like this. I am still exercising and trying to go on with normal live but it is difficult. Any advise PLZ!!!
This does sound like anxiety. I have been through all the tests which come back fine. I have now realised there is nothing medically wrong but it took time for this. I know it's hard but u should tell ur parents it really helps to tell someone. I am 30 and been suffering for a year now and only recently told my parents and family. But they have been a great support. I have been taking sertraline for about 5 weeks now and just starting to feel an improvement. I think u need to tell ur parents and
get and see ur doctor. Good luck.
Sounds exactly like anxiety and it terrible isn't it? You always think its something else and you're dying from some disease. Our brains trick us into thinking that. Have you talked to your doctor about this? I think therapy could help for sure. I'm 22 and I've been suffering from anxiety for over a decade. I start therapy soon finally and one thing you should keep in mind is that those feelings you get are from your anxiety. They can't hurt you and you won't die. Hope everything goes well.
Anxiety can manifest itself in almost any symptom imanginble, in my experience.  It is extremely powerful, scarey, and confusing.  Have you been able to get help through counseling?  I know for me, just talking it over with someone helped me to better understand it and gave me a way to confront it.  I also benefited tremendously from group therapy as well.  Shariing your experiences with others not only helps them, but helps you deal with this as well.  It also showed me that so many people actually have gone through or are currently going through anxiety as well and how common it really is.  For me, initially, I felt alone going through it, but the oppositie is actually true, which is a big comfort in my opinion.  
Can the anxiety cause flu like symptoms. I have been feeling like I have a flu for a couple of weeks now but I don't actually get sick just some of the symptoms like sore throat etc.  
In my experience, I could feel that I had anything that I feared.  For example, when I had heart concerns, I was convinced something was wrong because I felt every little pain, twinge, palpatation, etc.  I believe we can become oversensitized to what we feel and can constantly 'scan' our areas that we percieve to be the problem.  I also believe that we misinterepret those symptoms as well.  For example, I would feel something 'odd' around my chest area and immediately attribute it to something wrong with my heart, when at any other time before I experienced anxitety I would have never even really paid attention to.

Now saying that we all get sick...we get colds, run fevers, etc and need to take care of ourselves when we do.  For example I have had a stuffy nose and a soar throat lately probably due to my allergies, so I manage it with OTC meds or I just recognize it and push through.