what is the best anti anxiety pill in your opinion need help??
i have tried many anxiety pills to try and cope with this issue
currently im taking 2mg of ativan i feel it works but i still believe there might be sumthing out there better for me.
can anyone tell me the absoulute best anti anxiety pill. in their opinion?? my doctor is very good with me and listens and most important try other medication with me.Ive tried klonopin, and zanax. klonopin didnt do anything for me, and the zanax absorbed in my mouth before i could even swallow it and left a real bad taste in my mouth.
whats the best anti anxiety in your opinions
Namaste,

As you probably know there are a number of anti-anxiety medications available as well as some anti-depressants which have anti-anxiety components to them.

The only way to find which is best for you is literally, to try them all.

That said, I think that's rather unrealistic and if hving success with a particular medication, I wouldn't make a change just for the sake of making a change.

Personnally, I take one of the oldest anti-anxiety medication around and that is diazepam. I take 10 mg. 4 times a day and find it keeps both my GAD and my panic attacks in check.

This information is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that use of the drug(s) is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Consult your healthcare professional before using any of these drugs.

Michael(Jikan)
Each person reacts to medication differently so there is no "best" medication.  That being said, our psychiatrist said that meds are in "families" e.g. SSRI would be a family, and if one or two in that "family" does not work, then try another medication from a different family.  For us, the medication in the SSRI group did not work as well as the med in the SSNRI family.  Hope this helps ...
I agree with Michael.....if you are taking something and it works for you, then why change?

On the other hand, as far as some of the other meds go....do you feel you gave them enough of a chance?  When you took the Klonopin, how was it dosed?  That is important, b/c if it isn't dosed twice daily, it likely won't be effective.  That might have been part of the problem.  Klonopin tends to be pretty effective for most people.

Also, Like Michael said...Valium (another long acting benzo, like Klonopin) can also be very effective, and unlike the Ativan you take, it doesn't have the "tolerance" issues.  Where you would need an increasingly higher dose to get the same effect.

Sounds like you have a great rapport with your doctor, and that is a big thing...why not discuss some of these issues with him, and see if maybe you should stick with your current regimen, or perhaps try something else, like the Valium (diazepam)?

Best of luck...keep us posted!
IMHO, Alprazolam is an anti-anxiety agent, benzodiazepines used primarily for short-term relief of mild to moderate anxiety and nervous tension. Alprazolam is also effective in the treatment of activity depression or panic attacks. It can be useful in treating irritable bowel syndrome and anxiety due to a neurosis as well. Alprazolam may help the symptoms of PMS if extreme, some cancers pains if given with various narcotics.
Downside:  NEVER discontinue abruptly and/or taper too quickly; (medically documented seizures) have occurred.  
please can some one help  I suffer with posttraumatic stress dissorder
I am suffering  with bad anxiety , i have just been taken off diazapam for the anxiety and things have gotten a lot worse appreachiate the help thanks Paul
Start going to church,you just need love and care ,to help you out with your problem,tell your family your problem to the ones that actually love you,that is how I got mine controlled,I am doing very good know thanks to GOD and also  my father for being ther for me...you are stronger than that ,and ask god for help.....MEDICINES ARE ADDICTIVE.....