who no here smokes
just wondering who on here smokes,i find i smoke alot when i am having a bad time with my anxiety,and always end up feeling worse,what does it do to you?......New Zealand.
I've often wondered myself how many of us smoke. I'm in the midst of trying to quit now, but when I was having panic all the time, smoking was sort of an outlet and I noticed quite a few other panic people were smokers, too. It is a good question, but I'm not sure what meaning the answer might have. Something about addictive behaviors, maybe?
Hi there I to smoke couldent do without my ciggs but I do find I smoke more when my anxietys high, and that is daily.
Regretably I must admit to smoking as well.  I have tried to quit more times than I can count by cutting back to 4-5 cigarettes per day but I'll have a really stressful day or get anxious and I right back up to the pack or more a day that I've consumed for over 10 years now.  Everyone I know with anixety in my life smokes too, and all have commented that they smoke more when anxious.
Hey guys!!
I'm a fellow smoker.. Ive only had two today so i'm doing really well, from having a pack a day!! There is this book called Allan Cars (easy way to stop smoking) and it's really good, puts things in perspective..
To be honest guys smoking triggers anxiety as much as "we think" it pushes it out of the loop.  Even though the less and less I smoke, the higher my anxiety is, but I think it's because my body is reacting to not smoking as much and I start thinking it's a panic attack..

I smoke big time. Dare I say it is the imaginary answer to calmness. But I seriously find it can make me feel worse at times. Especially if I have to go out. Oddly I can go where I have to go and get back without a smoke. The longer you go without the smoke the more you will enjoy the smoke when you do have it. I am sure those who smoke to much, if honest, will say they don't really get any enjoyment from a smoke. More just like a routine. Pick a smoke up every so often and spark it up. It is gone before you know it. Then you might pick another one up. Even begin wakening up at night for a nicotine fix. So we might all smoke. But enjoyment levels are probably zero.
I used to smoke and I tried repeatedly to quit, but said I couldn't. It was too hard. Then I got pneumonia. I took all the meds but it kept coming back because I thought I couldn't stop smoking, until I ended uo in the hospital on o2. They had me on so much they said if they had to give me more they would have to knock me out and put me on a ventilator. I remember sitting in ER, they have no call buttons in here and I thought I was going to pass out and had no way to call someone, I couldn't breathe enough to yell. Then they sent me to ICU, social workers came in wanting me to make a will and the nurses started talking about they would do everything they can to help me through the night. I couldn't even walk far enough to use the bathroom b/c I couldn't breathe, couldn't take a shower. They gave me anxiety and sleeping meds but it made things worse b/c I thought I'd never wake up. I could barely even speak I was so out of breath. When I was allowed to go home I never smoked a cigarette again, and it seemed remarkably easy.
please i need help i started smoking weed for the first time in my life i got really stoned my first time 3 weeks later i joined soccer the first week of practice when by great then i started fetting anxiety atacks 2 times a day for one day after that i felt light heade for 5 days then it wore off i decided to try it one more time and took 1 hit i felt alright but then i woke up feeling very anxious that night and ive been feeling anxious and like im in a dream for 1 week and 3 days i need help im scared im only 16 please answer!