Anxiety Community
worried

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

worried

can 2 months anxiety lower your immune system?
I would have to say no. But depends on how you act during those 2 months. But thats really not due to the anxiety alone.

So if your anxiety is making you stay away from certain minerals and vitamins, sure it could.

But dont think Anxiety alone can ruin your immune system.

Ive had anxiety for about 7 years now, and I still just get the once a year common flu. (like ive always done).

On the other hand your anxiety might make things seam worse.-

Like you know when you wake up really early and have to go to work or school, and you feel a bit sick. When youve gotten up and walking for a bit and gotten the body in movement you start feeling a bit better. . . .
Well if you wake up and let your anxiety rule that feeling you might just end up feeling sick.

But no.
Get some vitamins (either through natural sources or pills) and get some fresh air. Of course exercise aids to it too.

But keep in mind im no doctor, so just my honest guess.
Stress/anxiety does wear on our immune system, but it takes a long time to feel the effects of it.  Anytime we're anxious or stressed our heart rate increases, blood pressure rises and our system gets flooded with Cortisol, all of which can make us more succeptable to health problems long term.  The best thing you can do is find a way to get your anxiety under control now, therapy can help with this a lot.
Hi! I believe it can. Anxiety causes stress. Stress lowers your immune. Take care.
the reaasson i askd is coss i barely ever fall ill n for d passt 2 months, not been able to sleep at night till date except 2wice laast week, havin panic attackss/chest pain n headachess due to my anxiety. wass diaagnosed with tonsilities n was given penicillin for 7days. 2weeks ltr, my tonsils r still red. was told to gargle salt n water which i did for 2 days. nnow im worried. by d way my ear itches attimes too
Elusive sleep seems to be a problem for all of us anxiety sufferers.  Penicillin is normally given for 10 days...so I'm not surprised that your tonsils are still red.  An itchy ear can be due to ear wax.  What are you doing to address your anxiety?
Im trying to worry less which is pretty hard. Also having pains on my left jaw, tonsils r still red, having severe body ache n d left part above my breast but close to my armpit is a bit swollen. My doctor says d swelling is due to being close to my menstrual cycle which is weird cos its never happnd to me b4.n dat i shld just take painkillers.checkd online n worried cos jaw pains n itchy tongue n red tonsils cld b cancer of d mouth n my doc sent me home wit gaviscon
Cld it b a throat infection?
Joel78 commented on Jzabs's status
1 hr ago
Joel78 is frustrated Comment
1 hr ago
melimeli commented on renae176's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms