Anxiety Community
worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

worried

im from india i had unprotected sex with a lady before 3 moths who is having two kids,from next days i got itching on penis but nothin was there on penis skin but my left vein of my penis is always seen n when i masterbate it pains on the vein,i went to doctor he told me to check hiv and vdrl test and gave me a pill  on 1st week it came -ve,but aching was still there....on 76th day i again went to check hiv test and it came -ve.....then on 90 day my body started aching(body aching includes eye also sweatning hands loosening in stool)then on 91st day i again checked hiv test n vdrl both came -ve....im worried very much abt aching n somtime pain in throat.....
##will i be hiv later.... or std???
if i have a conclusive test then why the same symptoms of hiv is happening with me...tell me one thing more i read most of the posts of ur site all people mainly having the same problem as im....why does this happen...???does it sometimes happen after sex??
one more thing i hd been a patient of anxiety....but but not a typical patient...will it lead to wait me for next 3 months
if someone is already a patient of anxiety does it matter to wait for 3 next months
in hiv n std forum doctors told me that it may be due to anxiety....
these symptims have increased my anxiety....u tell me whats this.....what medicine should i take????
Hi there, your negative test is conclusive evidence that you don't have HIV, yes anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms, and raise our awareness of bodily issues, suddenly you start obsessing over every mark and bump on your body.  Anxiety can most defiantly cause issues in your throat, aching body, sweating and strange bowel movements.  
Health anxiety can really be a big pain in the you know what.  In my opinion, whenever we worry that we have a particular problem, we often seek out symptoms that relate to that problem...if you are looking for it, you will find it.  The good thing about what you are experiencing is that it is NOT from HIV because you have had conclusive testing.  You did the right thing by getting checked out...now it is time to believe the results of this test, which I know is sometimes easier to say than do...have you had anxiety issues in the past?
i used to take pills of anxiety when my heart started palpitation n variation in heart beats....also i used to feel that i will become sick....but later i recovers from all this after having medicines.....but sometimes still feel the little effect of anxiety....
plzz prescribe any tablet.....so that i can come out from all these symptoms
but these symptoms i have never felt what im feeling these days.........
but it all happened 1 n half yr before....
If you had a negative test at this stage (3months) it's conclusive, you don't need to test anymore unless you have had more "real" risks (that is unprotected anal/vaginal sex or shared needles).  You may need to go back on the medication you were previously on to reduce your anxiety.  Let me tell you but all your symptoms are classic of HIV anxiety, you are fine and if the symptoms are real they aren’t HIV.  Relax!
mitch---you don't need to test anymore unless you have had more "real" risks (that is unprotected anal/vaginal sex or shared needles).
sushil---i have repented what i have done,im just confuse that what to do.....where to go whether to dermatologist or psychiatrist....
im very fear with the symptoms....
tell me one thing....r these symptoms will go away itself....???
ok i just take my earlier prescribed medicines....
u know this 6 month session fears me alot.....i think it is the main reason n cause of my symptoms....
one more thing my parents r looking a girl for me to marry.....they talk to me abt my choice i become fed up.....that if i become +ve then....
can i say yes to marry....????
yea me to have all the symdoms of hiv but yea i am very scared to because i had hiv stool on my leg i use to work at a hospiatl and thats when it happen this has been 2 years now had test done one month ago came back ok but still have the symdoms i am very scared
If you stop worrying so much your symptoms probably will go away, I must comment on something you said early you said " i have a conclusive test then why the same symptoms of hiv is happening with me" the easy answer is because the symptoms of HIV mirror thousands of other bugs out there, so what has probably happened is you caught a cold then became anxious about HIV and made things worse, my advice is to relax and if you are still unwell go see your doctor again, some viruses take a while to shake, I have had a virus for about a month i'm slowly shaking it off, but you don’t see me worrying about HIV

angeldoll you also need to relax

,
hi there yea i saw my doctor about the cramps  have them all over my body legs and arms back for like 3 months never gos away i had infections to all the time thats why i had the test done cause it just came to me i had got sick and its not gettng better u think i will be ok
can i marry???
can i say yes to marry....????
i went through the same thing in regards to HIV anxiety. when i was 19 (9 years ago) i slept with a man that did drugs with a needle. i didn't know that at the time otherwise i would have never slept with him. but anyways i was obsessed with HIV!! i swore up and done i had it. i too got tested and everything was ok, but then i heard that it could show up months later. so i worried some more, then about 3 months later i forgotten all about it. something else ocuppied my time and maybe that 's what you need to do. i'm sure the pressure of your parents wanting you to marry is causing anxiety. just tell yourself this is anxiety not HIV! breathe and relax.
Asking if you can marry because you think you might have HIV is really asking if you have HIV. Since the test said no HIV, you need to accept that and stop worrying about HIV. Maybe write on a piece of paper that you do not have HIV and look at it on the piece of paper for 10 minutes. That should convince you that you are ok. Be sure to rip it up and destroy it though!
Your symptoms are just some body aches and sweating. Is this correct? EVERYONE gets those, once in a while but almost no one gets HIV. Maybe write that down on paper and convince yourself of that too.

Write back.
angeldoll and sushi, if it makes you feel any better i have had a cramps in my stomach for about 3 weeks, happens to everyone I am certainly not jumping to conclusions
thnx alot very much for ur response ill be in touch with u....may god blass u n make u happy!!!
on 12 of this month my  4 month of exposure will complete thinking to retest....
Don't waste your money on any more tests. You were exposed to a human once but tests show you did not get any HIV and that is all that happened. Do you know how hard it is to catch HIV from a woman that is infected anyway, and you don't even know that she was infected?

Since the tests show that you don't have HIV, accept that because there are a lot of other things that you have a higher probability of catching such as cancer, heart attack, car accident, serious infection etc. The list is endless, and you can't spend your life being tested for all of them. You can't crawl under the car or bus to inspect the suspension every time you catch a ride either.
I heard that some smokers worry about a terror strike, when the odds of getting a smoking cancer outweigh multiple times the chance of ever getting bombed.

You have to put the % of danger into perspective and live your life right now, not tomorrow when you think you will have all the answers and think you will not have anything to fear.
In your case the chance of HIV is 0.000000% so enjoy your life. It is short, and unpredictable, so don't spend too much time even trying to plan what will happen because you will be disappointed at the large number of unhappy surprises that crop up in the most unlikely places. Deal with them when they occur and live right now.
Here is a quote from a biotech company's website.
"The human body contains about 10 trillion cells, and is host to 100 trillion bacterial cells." So you can see, the human body is so complex that you can't fixate on one thing and wonder if that will cause a problem for you. Anything can happen over the course of your life.
god will reward u what u ppl r doing here....
thx may god bless u!!!
I also facing the same situation as yours.
I felt guilty after having unprotected sex with CSW on June 2008 and since then anxiety & panic attack has killing me. I'm very depress of thinking myself contracting with HIV.

SInce then, my body starts showing symptoms.
Sweating, lightheadedness, lack of concentration, tremors, muscle twitches all over body, tingling in hand & feet, headaches, sleep disturbances, fatigue, muscle ache, stiff neck etc.

Done blood test at 6 wks, 19 wks, 25 wks and 35 wks.
All came back negative. STd's test done at 35 weeks also came back negative.
Full body screen done at 6 wks, 19 wks & 25 wks also came back normal...
I quit smoking last Oct 2008 and considered as a hard smoker.
Therefore, my anxiety double up coz nicotine withdrawal also can cause anxiety and other physical symptoms.

It's true that anxiety can cause many symptoms to our body. It's a natural reaction
to our fear and it will take time to come back to normal.
Don't worry, life is too short...as long as our medical test shows we are fine..then we are fine...We need to trust the test result...We need to move on....
I also learn that we need to use the 2nd chance that god gave us and don't make anymore mistake in future...
After 8 months since my anxiety & panic attacked me..i'm still struggling to deal with
the symptoms...
Hope everything will be fine later and we can live our life as before...

See the symptoms of anxiety & panic attack here
http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

God Bless Us...
how ru now???
im already a patient of anxity 3 month hiv test is -ve now i have copmpleted 4 month should i again go to recheck or leave it
what do u say??
where r u??
i'm as usual...still struggling with my anxiety problem...
no need retesting....3 mnths (12/13 wks) was conclusive...
you will be wasting your money on the test....
you will get the same result...negative is negative...

like i said...i've done 4 tests out of the 3 mnths (12/13 wks) window period...
19 wks (4mnths+)..25 wks (6 mnths+)..35 wks (8 mnths+) & 37 wks (9 mtnhs+)
the results came back as expected...

trust your own result...
move on buddy....
thx bro i have started taken anxiety medicines those i was taking a yr back...it relieves me...me really from a week im ok...but somtimes when i feel aches i become worried....i have completed 4 month 10 days but i didnt go to check my status as u said dont waste money....
i hope it will take little time n when ill complete 6 month give me a relief....
am i right????
brother all symptoms intensity has become lesser than before but loosening in stool is there....sometimes i feel their may be infection in my intestines.....
what u advice gave is really releived me alot...thx....
ur comment plzz
i still think when i scared feel to check hiv again but donot have courage now.....5 months abt to end to my first n last exposure
i just want to know one more thing loosening in stool can also due to anxiety or it is infection????
Anxiety causes indigestion, and you are very anxious, so it is possible that makes your stool different.
thanx but give some tips so that i cancome out with all this....
i m abt to complete 5 month.....should i check???
what is ur suggestion....
what is ur suggestion....
A test at 3 months post an "expsosure" is conclusive.  NO testing needs to be done after 3 months under any circumstance.

Angeldoll---you were NEVER at risk.  HIV is not present in stool.  I'm surprised working at a hospital, you weren't aware of that, or that no one told you.
I think that he already knows that, but can't get it out of his mind, and keeps worrying. Please, sushil, listen to nurse and give it up and enjoy your life, as there is no reason to make yourself miserable worrying about HIV that you can't catch every time you have a cold etc.
ok last question....how body aching will go away.....????
The sooner you start addressing your anxiety, the sooner these "symptoms" will start to fade away.  Anxiety causes very real physical symptoms!

Get yourself some psychological help to help you work thru this.
And do the psychological help thing before you marry that girl you mentioned. If the help works out, you will both enjoy life, otherwise you will not be able to hold those fears that shouldn't exist back.
Both of you will be unhappy if you start discussing them with her. That is my guess, anyway. What I do know for sure is you should prepare to enjoy your life, if you can.
birdie0207-And do the psychological help thing before you marry that girl you mentioned. If the help works out, you will both enjoy life, otherwise you will not be able to hold those fears that shouldn't exist back.

what kind of psychological help?should i meet a consultant???? ,no ill not tell her anything...n i cant tell coz it is india....ppl r not so modern here...its a cultural country....
I meant see a counselor so you can not have this bottled up in you. I don't understand why you spend 1 second worrying about something that is impossible to catch, but if you insist on even thinking about it, you should get counseling.
Here is a link to someone who is also obsessed with HIV and his partner wasn't even positive. I hope it helps for you to read it.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Anxiety/HIV-Anxiety/show/917779
dear wellwisher,
im not thinking really abt hiv it iteself come to me when i feel unusual happening in my instestines....n body ache....but i feel scared when i feel all these symptomps
really....im not taking so much tension abt hiv now just because of u ppl gave so much relieved.....
Those symptoms may be just because of your tension. Anxiety is not easy to get over when it plays tricks like that. Try to relax for a week or 2 now that you know conclusively that you don't have HIV, but if you can't get away from anxiety maybe see a doc and have your digestive system checked, if he thinks it is necessary. Be sure to tell him about all the anxiety that you have, as that may affect his diagnosis.

So for the relaxation week, maybe make a list of what you like in life and try doing them as much as possible. Perhaps you need a change of scene, such as volunteering, which can help you learn about other people or things. Or read up on anxiety and learn about all the methods people use to combat it.
Good luck, and here is hoping you are able to relax.
today i went to check my hiv came -ve agter 6 month i was really very feared before going to take my report then i open n saw it -ve....
then i went to a lab physician....that this afa report after 6 month he told me that it has 3 window period.one after 3 months then after 6 months then 12-14 months i became feared hearing this.....
is that true.....he said if u r facing symptomps then u should check it after 12 months....
plzzz advice....
n i didnt know which test is done in india then i asked to him he said elisa test...
plzzz advice....
n i didnt know which test is done in india then i asked to him he said elisa test..
why they r so backdated n u ppl r so updated n confident.....
n assure me once more that i can marry.....
hi iam a lil confused did the woman have hiv that u slept with?i have something positive for u to think about right now.be glad its a neg:) its a good sign with a neg test:)
i dont know but she is a mother of two child
where r u all dear
where r u???
ONE LAST TIME.....YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV, PERIOD!!!!!  Your 3 month test proved that.  Sadly, many professionals are not up to date with current testing guidelines, which is 3 months per the CDC.  If you were exposed to HIV and transmitted the virus, your test would be pos VERY rapidly.  Most newly infected people test + within weeks.  Both myself, and both of the HIV experts in our expert HIV forum, who are doctors specializing in HIV have NEVER EVER seen or heard of a NEG test becoming POS after 6 weeks!

Those are the facts.  And, facts are what matters in this kind of situation.

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV, and I would strongly strongly recommend you seek professional help for your irrational fears.  It simply isn't normal to still be worried about something when you have overwhelming proof to the contrary.  And, I know you are in India, but certainly there are professionals you could seek psychological help from?  You are not the only person in your country to have gone thru this, and you won't be the last.
Oh, and one last thing.  You keep asking if you can marry?  Physically, of course.  You are free of disease.  Mentally, however, I would wait.  You need to get a grip on your anxiety and phobic thoughts before you can enter into a lifetime committment.
thnx alot my wellwisher
may god reward u!!!!!
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
43 mins ago
Swollentoe commented on photo
Swollentoe commented on photo