Anxiety Community
worse anxiety and panic with menstration

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I have anxietyand panic disorder. it was controlled an almost non exsistent for 5 years. came back in dec due to some unfortunate life changes.... the first month was terrible. january was better then feb had some more unfortunate events an it came flowing back now i am getting everything in order in my life. things are well but my nighttime anxiety and waking with panic and fear is not better. and also the day before and first 2 days of my period my anxiety is threw the roof. i can hardly function :/ anyone else relate ? with either period anxiety or nighttime waking panic ? it is driving me crazy.... especially the period anxiety.... my whole body feels messed up. ugh
Hi, my anxiety is also worse before and during the period. I'v heard that low progesteron can cause anxiety, but you are probably to young? I'm already in peri-menopause, so no wonder that my hormones makes my anxiety even worse.
Yea im 25. ive had anxiety for about 7 years but controlled it  well for 5 years.... and its back.... getting better but the nighttime attacks that wake me up are terrible. and the anxiety before an during my period. bleh.... anythiing that helps you ?
I take beta blocker, it helps a bit, but only low dosage, otherwise they make me very fatigued and my blood pressure is too low. I don't want to take some psycho drugs, I'm too scared of it.
I take zoloft which helps alot. I also have Xanax on hand if I need it. I do not use it everyday and usually just knowing I have it is enough to make me feel so much better. Going to bed anticipating the panic attack can bring it on for sure.

You have to also keep reminding yourself that you did get over this before and that you will get there again.
Thank you. i do remind myself that as often as i can remember too. i have a notebook i write positive messages to myself an try to read every morning and every night. its strange though how anxiety can change when it is its worse. like in the morning then at night then in middle of night..... itd be easier if it were consistent an didnt change lol
Hey boo I was reading that when you start having  the negative feelings to actually write how u feel down bc I know that sometimes your not in the best place to talk so use ur phone and put your words on "paper" lol... You know we are both two peas in a pod but its going to pass....
jcwestfall commented on MedHelp's new iP...
43 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy Just be happy with how far ... Comment
1 hr ago
10356 commented on opus88's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms