Anxiety Community
xanax withdrawals / Emergency Room

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

xanax withdrawals / Emergency Room

I have been out of Xanax for a week now.  I have already been to the Emergency Room where I was given 10 Ativans.  That lasted for 5 days at 2 mg per day.  This is day one with no anti anxiety medications at all.  I was taking xanax for years at 3 mgs a day and moved to another state 2 months ago.  I have no money and no insurance yet and thought my body was going to give out yesterday as the withdrawals started again.  I feel like an animal that can get no help.  My blood pressure medication helps slightly (Clonidine), I feel a little better than yesterday but I don't know if I will make it.  I feel detached from my body, my heart is racing, every part of my body feels tingly with hot flashes, I am sweating and feel I will die. My body is exhausted from fighting this feeling. Will it be easier this time since I have been on Ativan for a week now with no Xanax.  Should I go yet again to the Emergency room or WAIT TILL I DIE FOR THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY TO HELP ME?????????????????????/  I have called NAMI, I have called all the numbers I have been given for medical help as referrals all with dead ends.  That was over 20 #'s.  Should I just tough this out ??? I am so embarrassed over this.  How many times can I go to the ER?  
Yes since no one is helping you that would probably be your best option. Don't let it get out of control. They can prescribe you what you need and then you can go home. If don't have any insurance you could then apply for emergency Medicaid which could then turn into straight Medicaid with the proper application process.
You need to get a prescription and then taper down slowly...this really does require help from a doctor, so get there any way you can.  I have no health insurance, either and know how frustrating it can be seeking help.  The emergency room has to treat you, but then you have a huge outstanding bill and collectors..if you can find a doc who will take payments, or a reduced cost clinic, that would be great...if it were me and I had to choose between paying my rent and going through intense withdrawal without any help, I'm pretty sure I would use that rent $ to see a doc...make up the rent later...I know it's not necessarily that black and white, I'm just saying, get to a doctor any way you can..you need to taper slowly...The doc may be $150 dollars or so, depending on where you are..they often give a discount for csh/uninsured patients, and the xanax itself is cheap..you just have to find someone who will work with you. Good Luck, please let us know how it is going
Listen everyone knows you can't just quit a benzo.  Have you called the manufacturer of Xanax?  They're always advertising they help people without money.  I can't believe these people are risking you having a seizure or going through a painful withdrawal because you have no money or insurance!  
You've got to get long acting benzo in your system. But you need to do a "cross over" from Xanax to valium or klonopin. The taper needs to be very, very slow. A doctor has to taper you. You are addicted. You will find that doctors, hospitals, rehabs and detoxes will taper you WAY to fast.

Go to site  benzo.org.uk (the ashton manual).

Cry from the roof tops to the ER that you need a script to come off and a doctor to taper you. Tell them that you are not a drug seeking person, you got dependant accidentally and you just want off these drugs. You do need to get a benzo in your system now.

Don't take no for an answer. Insurance usually doesn't pay for benzos anyway, and possibly the county can get you to a doctor to help you taper.

abby

I know what you're going through. And so do others. This is a crime.

abby
"You've got to get long acting benzo in your system. But you need to do a "cross over" from Xanax to valium or klonopin. The taper needs to be very, very slow. A doctor has to taper you. You are addicted. You will find that doctors, hospitals, rehabs and detoxes will taper you WAY to fast. "

I disagree.  There is a difference between "addiction" and "dependency".  Both require help, but in different ways.  Also, not ALL docs, hospitals, etc will taper someone way too fast, that simply isn't true.  I also disagree that this poster needs a long-acting benzo "in the system".  If he/she is trying to get OFF of them for good, then he/she does NOT want to trade one for another!

"Don't take no for an answer. Insurance usually doesn't pay for benzos anyway,"
I also don't understand this.  Of COURSE insurance will cover benzos if they are prescribed properly.  

It sounds as though you've had a bad experience with benzos, and I'm sorry for that, but please do not assume that EVERYONE will have the exact same experience...or will need the exact same course of treatment that you needed.  Every person and situation is different!

Have you contacted the prescribing doctor from the state you came from? I would suggest you call them IMMEDIATELY and explain what is going on. That doctor SHOULD understand that you cannot just "cold turkey" from Xanax, and SHOULD fax a script to a local pharmacy for you. This doctor had you on a hefty dose (3mg qd) "for years," and owns a great deal of responsibility for the position you now find yourself in. You also should have made sure you had an adequate amount of refills BEFORE leaving...........but that barn door is already open.
You can go to the ER as many times as you want, but you CANNOT use the ER like your own personal pharmacy. I understand you have no doctor nor any insurance at the moment. Is that something that will hopefully change soon?
Have your medical records faxed to you, which will give proof that Xanax was a regularly prescribed medication. Take that to the ER the next time and ask them to hook you up with a social worker associated with the hospital, (which is free) who can help you find inexpensive medical help until you get yourself squared away.
First call your old doctor. It's only been two months...............they should have a good memory of prescribing Xanax to you for THREE YEARS!
Once you get "things" under control again, please speak with your new doctor about putting you on a long acting benzo.........AFTER tapering you very slowly off three years worth of Xanax. A cross-over taper would, in my humble opinion, be the best way and your doctor should know about that method. If not, find another doctor who does! I would also look into getting into some therapy down the road so you could hopefully get off the benzo bus for good.
In the meantime, I hope things work out for you.
Peace
Greenlydia    
Good grief!!!
All benzos are addictive.  I think you're thinking of ssris, which have terrible withdrawal problems but aren't addictive.  On the other hand, if you need them to have a life, it doesn't really matter if they're addictive.  This is the same for opiates -- if you need them you need them, but that doesn't make them not addictive.
  Thanks for your comments.

At first yesterday was going really good. I was seeing glimpses of normalcy throughout the day without my medication. I thought, "I can really do this, I have this beat!" Then it just hit me all at once. The withdrawal symptoms came back full force right when I was getting ready for bed. One minute I am fine, and the next I am having every panic attack that the Xanax suppressed over the last 8 years.

I went to the Emergency Room last night about 10 pm. I was honest and told them I was there about a week ago. I again explained the situation of desperately needing a doctor.

After seeing a doctor who gave me a 1mg Ativan tablet and 2-1mg to go, I felt better but worn out. The doctor, oops I mean "Clinician" informed me it was now ok to go cold turkey off the benzos because my vital signs were all normal. I came in with my blood pressure in the 180's and after the ativan it went down to 108. He told me it was all mental and not physical. SIGH!! He even went on to suggest rehab. I sort of snapped at that because I was really frustrated and told him I would have went to rehab in Michigan if that is what I wanted for my life. WHO IS HE to dictate what I should do?

I just want to feel normal again.

I am aware I need to switch to something longer acting and taper down. I just can’t do it on my own.  He gave me a number to call Monday morning and a clinic that is free.  I can’t wait till yet another place tells me they cannot prescribe any benzos.  Hopefully, my appointment July 29 at a Mental Health Care facility will put an end to all this chaos.  I want my life back.  I can’t even continue looking for employment with the state I am in.

As for the original doctor back in Michigan, I talked to him last Thursday and the office assured me they would call the Pharmacy and tell them to give me my last refill.  It is not like I came to another state unprepared.  My mother told me Utah has one of the highest drug abuse rates in the nation, and that is why I am having so many problems.  Who knows if that is true because she is an unmedicated Bi-Polar mess without any clue to what is going on.  Anyway, they never called it in or bothered to call me back and let me know what was going on.  I called back Friday and still no response.

I have enough Ativan to get though Monday, and then I will see what happens.

Sorry for rambling on and thanks again.
I'm sorry for your situation, but your story is all too familiar. See the site I recomended and you can find benzo sites from there also. Or look up the word benzodiazepine. You'll learn more about these drugs. They are powerful as you have found out. A slow taper with a longer acting benzo is better on your brain and will do less damage in the long run. What's happening right now is hurting you. You are not alone, many others have made it through your horrible situation.

There needs to be a federal law enacted to prevent doctors from "yanking" people off these drugs. They can have seizures and long term damage. Why would a doctor want to do this?

btw, the rehabs will do an inadequate fast taper as most don't know how long it takes to properly come off benzos and they aren't set up for the time it takes.  And many doctors don't know and don't take the time to find out how long it takes to taper. Or it's just too much work. The Pharmas supress the information from the public as that would make sales decline. So people just don't know.........

Hugs,

abby

Hang in there and pm me if you want to let me know how it's going.
Call your old pharmacy back and tell them you did NOT receive any medication! This "oversight" on their part is totally unprofessional and their lack of compassion, which is more likely ignorance, is unacceptable! I would call them every hour on the hour until a script was faxed to a pharmacy! They obviously have no idea what you are going through..................

As for the doctor, (or clinician) you saw in the ER, his ignorance of benzo withdrawl (withdrawal) is frightening, to say the least, and his attitude is abhorant.

I will hope the clinic you're going to on Monday will be a bit better informed on these types of Meds and help you until your appointment with the Mental Health Care facility. If they don't, call that clinic and tell them you have an emergency that the ER is NOT helping you with. I think once you explain the nature of your problem, they will help you. If not, go back to the ER and to bloody hell with their attitudes! YOUR well being comes first!

I wish you the best of luck!
Peace
Greenlydia    
So sorry you are going thru this mess.  It really is a shame.  I agree with lydia that you need to stay on the prescribing doc until something happens.  Especially b/c you are wanting to get off the Xanax in the first place...and yet no one is helping you do that safely.  What a shame.  :0(

Paxilled....I don't want to waste valuable space in lisa's thread...but just to clarify what I was saying.  Of course I am aware that benzodiazepines are addictive.  What I was trying to say with my intitial comment is that "addiction" and "dependency" are two different things, and while both require treatment...the treatment vastly differs.  Addiction is a pattern of misuse, seeking the drug for reasons beyond what it is prescribed for...often taking it NOT as prescribed in order to obtain a certain "feeling", where dependency is our body's physical NEED for a medication that develops over time....so much so that withdrawals will develop if stopped abruptly. Addicition involves a much different treatment plan, with intense aftercare.

That was all I was trying to get at.  "Addicition", "tolerance", and "dependancy" are words that are often erroneously used interchangably...and while there are a lot of similarities, there are vast differences between the three terms.

:0)
No, addiction isn't a pattern of misuse.  Addiction can occur with the perfectly correct use.  Addiction has several conditions as part of its definition, one of which is that you need to take more of it to get the same benefit, something that isn't always but is usually true with benzos but not true with ssris, but ssris do cause terrible withdrawals.  I only brought it up because there's a lot of confusion on this website about what words mean, and it makes it hard to discuss these things.  Oxycontin, for example, is addictive, but if you need it, you take it anyway -- you don't have to abuse it.  Same with benzos.  Dependency is equivalent to habit forming, but the truth is, dependency isn't a medical term with any definite meaning, it's more of a psychological condition.  Addiction is a physiological condition.  Also don't mean to waste space here, but the question keeps coming up particularly regarding Xanax.  Xanax is an addictive drug, but I don't see that as any reason to stop using it if it's the only thing that helps, yet people continually come on here saying their new doctors are forcing them to stop taking it because it's addictive.  Cancer patients are addicted to their painkillers, but you wouldn't make them stop taking them, they would have no life but pain.  It also keeps coming up with marijuana, which can be habit forming, but isn't addictive.  I get what you're saying, which is let's not focus on sideline issues, and you're right, but we do need to talk about the same thing.
From "What's in a word? Addiction versus dependence in the DSM-IV" The American Journal of Psychiatry, 163, 2014-a, November 2006

"The American Pain Society, The American Academy of Pain Medicine, and the American Society of Addiction Medicine, for example, have developed a consensus document with clear and useful definitions of opioid-related phenomena:

Addiction is a primary, chronic, neurobiological disease, with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations. It is characterized by behaviors that include one or more of the following: impaired control over drug use, compulsive use, continued use despite harm, and craving.

Physical dependence is a state of adaptation that is manifested by a drug-class specific withdrawal syndrome that can be produced by abrupt cessation, rapid dose reduction, decreasing blood level of the drug, and/or administration of an antagonist"
Addiction vs. Dependency:

Whether I am an Addict or Dependant does not matter when experiencing the frightful and painful detox / withdrawal period off xanax.

When I can think straight I might be able to elaborate more.  
How many days have you gone without xanax or another benzo to cover you? Still no luck getting a hold of your doctor? I hope you're hanging in there. You can always go back to the ER if things get really bad.

All the best..
Thanks.

The most i seem to go is 72 hours.  I found a doc who is calling me in the morning and has heard of the Ashton Method.  They are going to call me in the morning.

Things feel hard but under control took my last 1 mg ativan yesterday morning.  I will either make it, go back to the ER, or my son will be home with a script filled.

I am hopeful that at least I found a doctor who would listen.  

Thanks again
That is great news that you found a doctor who takes benzo withdrawal seriously. Hang on to this doctor! Hopefully everything will work out, and you won't have to suffer like this for too much longer.

Best of luck.. and keep us posted!
I got my klonopin today.  Now to start a taper process with a new doctor.

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback on this issue.
Yea, Xanax withdrawl (withdrawal) is hell on earth. I also take 3mgs a day and I once ran out. I pretty much went insane for 8 days.

Funny thing is that when you call your doctor and tell him your in severe withdrawl (withdrawal) from Xanax, they don't give a **** and will not refill. Their attitude is have a sezure and deal with it punk.

Doctors lock that Xanax up so damn tight that they squeek when they walk. They don't care how sick you get, nor does the hospital because if they did they would have given you a 45 day supply of 2Mg bars.

It's like HELLO doc I'm already an addict. You can't make my addiction any worse than it already is by making me get sick.
I hear ya! I went through hell for 5 days at the onset of my latest breakdown, and my shrink refused to give me an extra .5mg to take once a day (I only take .5mg 3x a day). She knew I was freaking out.. and she just told me to go to the ER if I feel like killing myself. Mind you.. I've seen her for the last 5 years, and never once asked for an increase in my xanax, never "lost my meds," and never took anymore than was prescribed to me. The lock down on xanax is insane.. and unnecessary for people who really need it.
I have been thru 6 different Psychiatrist in the last 18 years and they are all the same when it comes to Xanax. The worst part is that it is medical fact that if one stops taking Xanax cold turkery then they run a serious risk of going into sezure.

This fact is lost on Psychiatrist and even MD's. There is a reason for this happining. You see, doctors that prescribe Xanax are worried that the patient they are responsible for will build an addiction to the drug. If a patient get's addicted then that patient can file a law suit against the doctor that prescribed more than what is deemed "an exceptable dosage and amount."

This is the doctors best interest at work and is counter productive to our mental health. Not only that, but this fear of legal action by the FDA and DEA makes doctors completly indifferent to what their patients needs are.

I have to call my doc this week to get my Xanax refilled and I have a feeling that he will say no. That means I must make a trip to the hospital just to get enough to get me by a couple days or else I risk sezure.
Loved that post!!!!!  Took the words right out of my mouth.  Now look at what I have just found.

"Zoloft withdrawal can cause jolting electric "zaps", dizziness, motor instability, extreme nausea, vomiting, high fever, abdominal discomfort, flu symptoms, agitation, anxiety, insomnia, aggression, nightmares, tremor, seizures, and confusion. In some persons, Zoloft withdrawal has become so painful that it lead them to commit suicide rather than face the agony any longer."

Excuse my language but WTF???????????????  I have been out zoloft for the last 2 weeks also.  I am sure the most of my situation was caused by the xanax, but I am becoming too frightened to take anything at this point.  
Oh boy lisa......sounds like maybe the Zoloft withdrawal may have been playing a factor here, too, yikes!  Yes, the SSRI meds have a withdrawal phenomena of their own, and also should not be stopped abruptly.  Unlike benzodiazepines, that may result in seizure activity if abruptly d/c'd....the SSRI w/d's aren't necessairly "dangerous" in the same ways...but w/d can be absolutely wicked.

Have you found a new p-doc who you can work with to set up a solid treatment plan?  It's great that you're now oon the Klonopin, that's a great start...but I think you need to find a caring doctor who can set up a treatment plan and work with you to meet your goals, including if you are going to stay on Zoloft...or another kind of maintenence med.

Keep in mind as well that it isn't uncommon to experience a significant amount of emotional w/d's after discontinuing Zoloft (and other SSRI's)....so keep that in mind.  If you haven't taken any Zoloft in 2 weeks...then most likely you'll start noticing an improvement in those symptoms pretty soon.

Sorry you've had such a rough time, things will start looking up real soon for you.  Good luck!
I just made an appointment with a doctor for next Tuesday who is going to help me taper off klonopin very slowly.  Actually, now that I have some klonopin to get me by for at least a week, I might shop around a bit more and try a find a doctor that is educated or at least aware the problems with benzo withdrawals.

As for now I am not going to start taking Zoloft again until I do more research on it and become more informed.

I read this and dont know if it is true or not:

"If you or a loved one has had to undergo Zoloft withdrawal, then you know how painful the symptoms can be. Patients who are currently taking Zoloft may wish to discontinue its use in order to reduce the potential symptoms of Zoloft withdrawal, rather than waiting until the body has become even more addicted. Under no circumstances should patients taking Zoloft discontinue or scale back its use without consulting a physician. Patients who have endured Zoloft withdrawal may be entitled to financial compensation from the drug's manufacturers and distributors. To learn more about lawsuits relating to Zoloft withdrawal, you may wish to contact an attorney who represents clients affected by Zoloft withdrawal."
Zoloft definitely has to be tapered.

I don't know where you got that info...but I would be very surprised if it is possible to receive compensation for w/d symptoms.

Reason being...for any type of malpractice case to be successful, there has to be long-term "injuries" or disabilities.  There has to be some type of permanent negative outcome.   Also, when it comes to prescriptions, the patient has the responsibility to accept that there are risks when taking any new med, including side effects, and are supposed to educate themselves, despite what a doctor did OR DIDN'T say.

That is why every med now comes with an educational monograph outlining the potential risks and side effects.  The patient is supposed to read those carefully and weigh the benefits vs risks.  

Unfortunately, a lot of doctors either fail to mention these things...or down play the severity of the side effects.  The other thing that will unfortunately go against you in any kind of attempt to be compensated is that you discontinued the medication without asking your doctor first....and as general rule...you shouldn't stop taking ANY med without first checking into how it should be safely d/c'ed.

Therefore, while you have really gone thru a lot of he**, maybe just consider it a hard lesson learned about being more knowedgeable about the meds you're taking?  And, believe me...I do not mean that in a bad way AT ALL.  A lot of people put so much faith in their docs (which you really should want to do that)...that they maybe fail to do their own research about things.

And always read the insert that comes from the Pharmacy.  As a rule, they'll scare you to death and make you NEVER want to take another pill in your life (lol).....but they are very informative.  You can always ask your Pharmacist for a one on one about a new med..they are GREAT resources that people don't use enough.

So, while it certainly may be worth looking into, just don't get your hopes too high.  The liability factor is covered pretty well when it comes to prescription meds and most times, the onus is on the patient.

The lawsuits about Zoloft began with GlaxoSmithKline, the manufacturers of Paxil, way back in 1996.  Most of these have been long settled out of court, and the statute of limitations is probably up.  There are still some lawsuits pending, particularly regarding suicidal thoughts and use during pregnancy, for some ssris.  The suits weren't malpractice suits, they were because all these companies withheld from the public that their medications caused withdrawal and suicidal and violent thoughts and actions despite having discovered this to be true during the development phase.  Malpractice suits would be against psychiatrists and physicians, not the pharmaceutical companies.  I have a good one against the psychiatrist who took me off Paxil because at no time did he ever inform me of the possibility even while I was going through it, and three years later my emotional state is a complete wreck -- the withdrawal never ended.  This is of course rare if not unprecedented, lucky me, but that's how malpractice could come into play.  (I didn't sue, if you were wondering).  Problem with malpractice is, you have to incur enough monetary damages to get an attorney to represent you, and it has to be provable in court.  Since psychiatrists mostly deny withdrawal even now, with a warning label required by FDA right on the prescribing info due to what was discovered during these lawsuits, it's hard to prove, and attorneys don't take cases that are hard to prove.  This is a little known fact about malpractice --  doctors always complain about it, but it has to be pretty obvious with a lot of monetary damages to even get a lawyer to represent you.  And physicians brought these suits on themselves by refusing for years to testify against one another and altering admission slips on hospital forms until, finally, in the late 1950s, courts finally said forget it, if you're just going to lie we're just going to assume that if something strange happened you're liable.  If physicians had been honest about their capabilities and what they did all along, we wouldn't have this problem with lawsuits.  But withdrawal's a hard one, given psychiatrists deny its existence.  At least the FDA finally admits it exists!  On the other hand, don't be so afraid of it; very few people have committed suicide or acts of violence because of it.  It happens, but not frequently.  Most people get through it.  Some don't.  What I worry about is, once you're on these meds, can you ever function again without them?  Even a few year later you keep reading how people ended up back on them.  My newest question is, do they alter the way the brain functions so much that the brain has a hard time for some people to ever function comfortably again without them.  I don't have an answer, but after my situation, and reading so many of the posts on sites like this one, I am forming the question.
Oh, and I still maintain, who cares if Xanax is addictive?  If it's the only thing that helps, why not use it?  Better to have an addicted life than a life of constant suffering.  This thread has left me very disturbed; I can't believe people are being abandoned when they face the real threat of seizure and death from abrupt discontinuation of benzos.  It's not as if this isn't well known.  This should be criminal negligence.
EVERYONE has a different story when it comes to these types of meds.  I personally have had a tremendous amt of success on Zoloft, Prozac, and Lexapro.  Sure, I had to withstand some uncomfortable side effects at first, but I can honestly say that I did not suffer withdrawal coming off ANY of these meds.  I consider myself lucky, b/c I know a lot of people do suffer w/d's, even during a taper.

Thing is....I don't get where "psychiatrists deny the existance" of w/d?  I think that is painting with quite a braod brush.  All doctors?  I disagree.

My p-doc, along with my pcp warned me of the effects of stopping these types of meds...including my very first experience with an SSRI, which was Zoloft (my max dose being 200 mg daily) back in 1991- 1992ish?  Maybe I got lucky with good docs, but I dont entirely buy that either.

Even professionally....pretty much since being in the field of nursing...my patients have always been educated about possible w/d phenomena, and observed for it.  To me, it has always been common knowledge.

Just like not every experience is like mine...not every one is like Paxilled's either, and I think that is important to mention...ESPECIALLY on forum where people are coming for insight who have never even heard of these meds, let alone taken them.  

Therefore....for readers...always remember that knowledge is power and certain things are important to know....but there is no guaruntee that YOU will have these types of experiences.  Reading and posting here for a long time....I have seen horror stories, and stories where these meds have changed lives.  Allow yourself to have your own experience...and be prepared, but do not EXPECT the worst.

Oh, and the good ? that Paxilled raised...can one ever live without these meds?  Answer is yes.  I have functioned both on and off these meds.  Anxiety disorders work in cycles...so when I start having problems...I generally seek the help of Lexapro until I feel comfortable enough with my OWN coping mechanisms to not need it anymore.  It's a process that has worked pretty good so far.
I'm scared now cause I am on xanax.  I don't want these withdrawal symptoms from this...isn't it better to start tappering down from it?  Like a whole for a while, then a half, then a 4th and then nothing?  Or no????  Why do doctors even prescribe these things then?  That's wrong!!!!!!
Don't be scared by reading other's experiences.  Educate yourself, and YES, these types of meds need to be properly tapered.  This is something you should discuss with your doc ahead of time.....ask lots of questions...like..."How do you handle someone coming off Xanax, what do you recommend/prescribe?"

If it's done correctly, then withdrawals should be manageable.
No no no....way too fast. Get on a longer acting benzo and taper slow. The longer benzo stays in the system longer and you won't have the interdose withdrawals. Dry cuts are brutal with Xanax. Xanax is very potient.  A longer acting benzo would be klonopin or valium.

Get to benzo sites and learn about about the benzodiazepines. Someone can giive you a slow taper plan. Please don't be afraid. You are fortunate to have the internet and get information.

Hugs,

abby
K thanks.  Should I wait and see what a doctor says.  The xanax does help me at night calm down.  Sorry i'm just talking about me now when this was someone elses forum.  I'm just trying to get the facts straight.
abby is right,
The xanax 's active life is around...4 hours
Klonopin's active life is around 12.
So, when you make a transistion over to Klonopin dosed 2X "Sometimes 3" a day, it actualy builds up in your system.
so when you make your cuts, you dont feel the actual amount being cut, it "tricks" your body into thinking it was a even lower cut.

I tried explaining it as simple as possible for you "allot of people have a hard time understanding the differences between benzos"

your withdraw will BE SO MUCH SMOOTHER with a benzo that stays in your system longer.

as long as you take it slow, youll be fine:)
Agreed jake,

This information has been posted over and over and over. Thank you for your efforts.

abby
This happened to me, too!  After being on Xanax and Klonopin for 22 years!
I went to see him for my regular check up, and he yanked Three mgs./day right from under me with only one klonodine patch for the night.  I plead for a tapering of some kind.. begging him with tears.  He was mercinary.  I ended up shaking, throwing up, panicking out of my wits.  My daughter had to witness this.  She called 911,. The paramedics could hardly get me to sit in the chair that would take me down the stairs  I ended up in the ICU for Three days and Four nights, just shivering, with vertigo, nausea and feeling at the brink of a most sufferable death.  He never apologized.  Thank God, my brother is an attorney, who called up this doctor and reasoned with him.  I am still seeking another doctor.  Currently, I'm writing a small graphic arts novella on this;  with recurring nightmares and a damaged nervous system, I've been diagnosed with PTSD.  You have Got to get a doctor who has compassion.  Truly, you really do.  I wish you a lot of luck.
It is not only medical malpractice to cut a person off of a benzodiazepine, but you can easily sue a facility for risking your health. I was cut and the reasoning is all due to big pharmaceutical companies pushing for other medicines that cost more to be prescribed. This is one of those things that a medical professional would NEVER DO as they would know better. You need to go to a pro bono lawyer and also get information with the help of a librarian on the topic that isnt a recent media hyped piece of gossip to scare everyone. Benzodiazepines work very well for a lot of things, there is no ... i repeat NO anti anxiety medicine, or antidepressant, that is not addictive. If you are a long term user because you have a disorder, this should never be held against you...nor should your prescribing doctor be harassed that is discrimination and harassment is illegal. If you have broken the law, or you are an injection drug user... you need to talk to your medical doctor for help but if you are a law abiding person and are not abusing medicines, the malpractice here is real and the discrimination is also real. Sue someone and also get some advocacy for your trouble. I have been going through the same thing. I do not drink, I am agoraphobic and i cannot take other medicines due to sensitivities. I am not a "drug addict" though my body is dependent on my medicine to cope. The new laws are not working, they need to be rewritten so that patients and doctors are not forced to behave illegally in order to perform a legal medical diagnosis. This is ridiculous. Go to the ER... also, before you leave, go down to get all of your records ( free) including doctors notes and dictation from them, take that to your pro bono lawyer. Good luck and God Bless.
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
ShawnBick joined this community
Welcome them!
allinblack commented on Tramadol & Ultram...