Anxiety Community
xanax withdrawls

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

xanax withdrawls

shouldnt u use klonapin to help wean off of xanax?? ive been using 3mg of xanax for 2 years twice a day....my doc perscriped me to switch to the same equAL dosage to klonapin and to stop the xanax.  but i tried that and ive been edgy all day.   my friend works in a dr's office and told me never just switch you have to wean with klonapin.  so since i usually take 3mg of xanax, last night she told me to take  1 and a half mg of xanax since the klonapin was already in my body and this would help with withdrwal symptoms. omg she was right it took off the edgy feeling and i felt normal again...My client who is a retired pshycyatrist told me the same  thing, that she would wean people off xanax with klonapin to help with withdrawls....i think shes right.  if i do a slow taper, i should be fine..i have 2 kids,  my own biusines, im the singer in a band and i cant be going  through withdrawls. what do you think?

thxs Kel
Go with medical authority; if things don't work as hoped, go BACK to medical authority and complain -until you get what you want. Doctors are doctors, not magicians; they do what works most of the time for most people, with adjustments they believe are suitable for you. They6 may not get it exactly right, but the chances are better than what some friend or acquaintance says worked for them -unless you are the identical twin in identical circumstances to that person.

Go sing like a lark!
10356 commented on msdelight's status
melimeli commented on photo
melimeli commented on mhv's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms