Anxiety Community
zanex??????????????????/

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

zanex??????????????????/

My doctor wants me to start zanax.  If there is any chance of weight gain from it I will not even try it.  Does anyone know??
stacy,

I have battled anxiety for years and years I take xanax on an "emergency" basis, I dont believe it makes you gain weight but it will take a while to get used to. It makes you feel extremely relaxed until your body gets used to it, though it does kick the anxiety very well!! Do not consume alchohol on it either it intensifies the effect very much.

hope that helps a bit.
i agree with the above post. i've been taking it for a long time and i have'nt gained any weight. take care. Remar
xanax is very very addictive, very fast.
Xanax doesn't cause weight gain.
I've been on zanax for a bit over two weeks. The biggest mistake of my life. One week of feeling ok then the next feeling the worst withdrawals imaginable. I'm laying in bed for days and days weaning off of it. I will get off no matter what. It sould be taken off the market.
Not that i know of, I konw Xanax is used for shorterm help for panic attacks but not long term due to the high risk of addiction.
Should be no weight gain from Xanax. I strongly urge you to talk to your doctor about putting you on this med UNLESS he is rx'ing it for PRN use ONLY! (prn=AS NEEDED) If you find you are taking it more than 3X per week, please talk to him about a long term benzo. And you might also want to discuss the reasons he is putting you on it in the first place............which is anxiety. Xanax, and ANY benzo is only going to mask your symptoms, they will not "cure" your problem. Therapy will get to the root cause of your anxiety and will hopefully result in you not needing medication at all.
Please look before you leap
Peace
Greenlydia  
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
2 mins ago
ditch6755 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
lulu747 commented on 7+ months off Subutex...
1 hr ago