Anxiety Community
zoloft and buspar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

zoloft and buspar

I was on Zoloft 50 mg for 6 months, blood pressure was up and still was having anxiety and trouble sleeping, so my Dr increased the Zoloft to(100mg daily) and recently added buspar, 3x daily, I do feel better except my weight is going up even with exercise which is causing allot of new stress. Would you agree the meds are increasing my weight? I'm a while make 46, 5'11 199 lbs. I'm back on treadmill but weight is still going up, I'm going to begin weaning off these meds if they are causing weight gain. I did express my concern to my Dr after the first couple months on Zoloft that I'm extremely concerned about weight gain. Her advice was to try them longer and see, I'm not willing to gain allot of weight to see. Is there a possible alternative that doesn’t cause weight gain or sexual side effects that Zoloft and buspar seem to cause? Thank you so much for your time and information
I was on 100mg of Zoloft three years ago and I am now back on 100mg of Zoloft.  The weird thing is about this medication is that it can also cause weight loss.  I find that a regular exercise routine is great; it is also a natural way to deal with anxiety and depression and not to mention the fact, lowers blood pressure.  I have been on it for a couple of months now and have stayed at the same weight with exercise.  I have never taken buspar...good luck!
I am on buspar and zoloft. I started Buspar first and I actually lost about 10 pounds after starting it. I think it depends on the person. I have heard many people say that Buspar makes them lose weight.
ashler1977 commented on Long standing dry mou...
29 mins ago
Evergreen25 joined this community
Welcome them!
33 mins ago
Nighthawk61 commented on STOP BEING STUPID.
1 hr ago