Anxiety Community
zoloft

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

zoloft

I am a stay at home mom of three children.  I have been taking Zoloft for 11 years at 100 mg.  I have so much going on in my life now and feel absolutely out of control.  I had tried to decrease the zoloft a couple of months ago and had severe diziness and anxiety was back.  I am so scared to increase to decrease the anxiety I'm having.  Does anyone suggest a great anxiety medication that weening off of zoloft wont make me crazy!  This whold anxiety thing is so hard to deal with.
Well in all honesty, you shouldn't be adjusting the dose yourself, any noone on here can really reccommend any meds as we are not drs. You should see your psychiatrist if you feel your meds are no longer working or you want to stop taking them.

That being said, if you feel our of control, why did you want to decrease your medication? If you decreased and the anxiety was back, then the meds might be doing their job. Please let us know how everything goes.
-Hillary
did u try going down 50mg? if so tht maybe to much u cn try going down by 10mg each c if tht works, i had have the depression tht increases at time tht dnt make much since but something may have triggered it... it doesn't rely take much...

i was on it for awhile after i was raped n tired to kill myself plenty n cutting
but the druges aren't wat help it was seening my mom crying n my sister
upset, its nt gone by any means but its a little better every day as long as
i dnt get to down, jus today i was thinking bout my dad dying n then how my little sis got beat wit a metal pole which makes me jus wanna rip her mom in half lol

but i hope u feel better ur kids need u even wen they say hey hate u they
dnt rely mean it ik frm experience wit my mom lol
you should always taper off your meds with the help of your doctor :)
Thank you all very much.  This is awesome to know that I'm not crazy and I'm not the only one with this horrible anxiety disorder! I actually have an appt with my dr. on Wed and hope for the best :=)
mishymoshymarcy commented on Nighthawk61's status
melimeli commented on renae176's status
melimeli commented on renae176's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms