Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community
AVM & Ischemic Colitis 24yrs old

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

AVM & Ischemic Colitis 24yrs old

I am looking for any suggestions or tips that anyone can give me that would be helpful. I am 24 years old with a history or depression/anxiety, ocd , and IBS, I pass out from time to time due to low blood pressure. I had a TIA 4 months after my c-section that was 3yrs ago. Now after a trip to the hospital and a colonoscopy I was diagnosed with AVM and ischemic colitis. I have had rectal bleeding off an on through out the yrs, and now I was told that its due to the AVM in the left side of my colon. My gastro Dr. wants me to have an MRA of the ab/pelvis, but there is one problem.... no one want to approve me for insurance and its over $2000.00 for this test. At this point I am at a stand still.. worried and don't know what to do. Please advice in anyway you can. thank you so much for reading!!