Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community
Back Pain 2 weeks after Spinal Arteriogram with Embolization

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

I had 2 spinal AVM's embolized 2 weeks ago. I still have a lot of back pain. Is that normal?
Hi!
No, it is not normal to continue to have pain. It the AVMs were the cause of the pain then maybe there is no reduction in size or there was a bleed or an infection at the site of endoscopic surgery. Please consult your doctor again. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.