Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community
If one AVM, R U more likely for more? Want to get pregnant

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

I had an AVM of the face, right behind my right cheek bone, under my eye. I had a coil put in about 5 years ago. I was worried to get pregnant because the MDs told me that if I had gotten pregnant before they fixed it, the increased blood flow in pregnancy could have caused it to burst & possibly kill me. We have been trying to concieve (conceive) for two years now & I always wonder if I would have another AVM. The first one was not detectible on MRI/MRA & they could not hear that "swooshing" sound with a stethescope. They found it by going in and looking for it.  Anyone know the possibilities of getting more than one?
It's not likely to have multiple AVMs...
I have a colon AVM and was told NOT to get pregnant. I am considered (extremely High Risk)