Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community
Low heart beat
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Low heart beat

Hi,
I was recently diagnosed with low heart beat, and advised not to take beta blockers.

Also, the recent changes in my medications treatment include, per my doctors advice, adding Restasis (for the last year);
and Vitamin D-3 (~2700 units) for the last 2 months, as well as reduced my carbohidrids intake.  

Recently, I sleep better than in the past.

Is there any connection between the above factors.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Vitamin D can help to decrease high blood pressure, which in turn can help you relax and sleep better. That may be the case for you in what is happening with your better sleep. I would not go above the dosage you are taking right now though, to avoid possible negative effects and overdosing.
Blank
Thanks for your reply.
Since I posted my question, I cut my Vitamin D, and I feel much better. No dizzynes.
I have a feeling that doctors tend to subscribe too much Vitamn D on these days,
Have you been accepted to medical school?
Blank
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin, so it's good to cut back since it's easier to overdose on. Usually, anything more than a daily multi-vitamin can be too much for a person's body, unless they have blood work done and show they are low in a certain nutrient. Our population as a whole is over medicated, with too much of everything, vitamins included. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, which I think many people need to realize. I apply for medical school this fall, so right now I'm just focusing on doing well in classes. Glad you're feeling better.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...