Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community
Venous Angioma Right Cerebellum

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

Venous Angioma Right Cerebellum

My sister had a ruptured blood clot in her brain when she was 15.  That was way before any of the modern anything.  She was lucky to be alive and recover.  For years neurologists and radiologists reported from MRIs I had a venous angioma in my right cerebellum.  They were concerned about it, particularly with my sister's history, but didn't want to do anything with it.

I had several instances similar to TIA and strokes.  I was put on Aggrenox, a plasma thinner.  Since the episodes, no venous angioma shows up at all on the MRIs.  

The only thing I know to think about this is that somehow the TIA and the venous angioma were related, perhaps the Aggrenox helped.  In any case, it isn't there any longer according to the films.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen?
I'm glad your scenario turned out well, but I don't think AVM goes away on their own. They are there for life. They can be treated with coils or other treatments, but it is a malformation, so it can't disappear. I am thinking that your diagnosis was incorrect, so you were able to be cured from it.