Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community
Your advice greatly appreciated!!!

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

Your advice greatly appreciated!!!

A few weeks ago I had an MRI due to diagnosed left side deficit.... Which stated that in the left ganglia region there was found an venous anomaly.  I then had an EMG .... Which turned out bad as my left side totally seized up, I could not speak... And felt like I was in this I'd space where I could hear... But not speak or reason.  I walked out of the dr's office with the left side of my face looking like the joker. I just had my MRA... And asked that a copy be sent to me... I just read it and an unsure what it means.  Here is the report:

Findings:
Th neck vessels are patent with no evidence of vessel stenosis or occlusion.  Vessel origins from the aortic arch appear patent.  The vertebral arteries are mildly asymmetric , larger on the left. The carotid bifurcations are unremarkable.  
The neck vessels are patent with no evidence of vessel stenosis or occlusion .  Vessel origins from the aortic arch appear patent.  The left vertebral artery is slightly dominant . There are no aneurysms evident. There is no evidence of vessel stenosis or occlusion.
The anterior , middle , and posterior cerebral artery distributions appear normal.

END

On my MRI report it showed a venous anomaly in the left ganglia region of my brain... This being why they neuro ordered the MRA.  Yet I am not sure where I see this in the MRA.  

Is it ok to have mildly asymmetric and dominant left sided arteries as the report states?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
My mother was told she had a venous anomaly as well .... She passed away from a massive aneurysm ... This I think is why I'm kinda scared.. Ok a lot.
Hi!
Yes, it is possible to have mildly asymmetric and dominant left sided arteries and they mean no harm. MRA is more diagnostic than MRI. So, if MRA did not catch an aneurysm, there is unlikely to be one. MRI may have caught some defect which it predicted as an aneurysm. This can be a mass or tumor if you have seizure like activities. Hence, if you have some neurological problem, then please discuss this with the neurologist.
Take care!