Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community
avm-radiosurgery

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

avm-radiosurgery

im 30 years old and had a massive hemmoratic stroke in nov 2011 they said they are amazed im alive. ive been left with weakness on my left side but since then im depressed. scared and cry all the time. ive jyst recieved a letter for radiosurgery as they day ive got a number of avm in the tight side of my brain. ive also experiences severe pain in my head and back and legs. so bad it stops me doing the little walking i can. also my legs wabble and have no strength in them. i freeze too and cannot move any part of my body and have bad tremors .has anyone else experience tgese thing? and has anyone has this treatment and whats the risks?

Hi!
I am sorry to hear that you have AVMs on right side of your brain that are causing so many symptoms. The good thing is that they have been detected. Today, many treatment options are available, and medical science has advanced a lot.  While surgery will help give relief from some symptoms, and brain surgery is risky. You can have loss of speech, hearing, or loss of movement in a limb depending on the site of surgery. All these risks will be explained to you. However, if doctors have decided on surgery, then this may be a good option for you. Do discuss this with your treating doctor. Take care!
thanks for your responce. just wondering if u know whats causing these symptoms as the nurologist doesnt know?  memory problems. body shakes. my body stiffnens and feel like my feet are glued to the floor. too much salvia in my mouth and i choke on it. pain. feeling like im not in the room lack of concentration.condstipation. need to find out whats wrong and the docs dont know.