side effects of the gamma knife
Back in 2009,  I had radioscopic surgery to an AVM located in the left frontal lobe of my brain.  My doctors and I still are waiting for the complete fruition of the time period following the operation.  One of the sideeffects I'm experiencing is blindness in quadrants of both eyes.  In both eyes, my top right corners of my eyes are completely blind.  No more driving.  Reading is exremely difficult.  No more golfing.  Etc, etc, etc....  Anyone else experincing this kind of ruthleous side effect?  Love to hear from you.  Thanks
Hi!
Radioscopic surgery of the frontal lobe of the brain should not cause quadrant hemianopia or loss of vision in one quadrant of the eye (quadrantanopsia). This happens when there is some damage to the temporal or parietal lobe. Yes, this can happen as a side effect of the radiation hitting these areas along with frontal areas. Right upper quadrantanopsia is usually due to a lesion to the left temporal lobe which involves the Meyer's loop. Hence a MRI of the brain should be done to find the lesion and assess the extent of damage.
Take care!