Arthritis / Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
Diseases associated with sacroiliac arthritis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Diseases associated with sacroiliac arthritis

The results of an xray of my sacroiliac joints states "There is marked narrowing of the joint space of both sacroiliac joints associated with osteophytosis and minimal sclerosis representing moderate osteoarthritic change...

My sacroiliac pain started after a severe pelvic infection...what are ALL the possible diagnoses related to bilateral sacroiliac arthritis in a 26 to 30 yr old female with additional findings of spinal osteoporosis and neck pain and stiffness, plantar fascitis, severe ischial tuberosity pain and dry eyes?

Thank you!
Cheryl
Related Discussions
1083596_tn?1313398276
Dear friend,
Looks more like a case of spondylo-arthropathy. The sacro-illiac joints , once iinvolved, are difficult to treat. Rest , anti-inflamatories, are the way out. Sometimes, anti-biotics r also required to decrease the inflamation (inflammation).
So it really takes time. However please don't worry. But the best way is to consult a good rheumatologist who can perform investigations and rule out the arthropathies.
We really need to rule out ankylosing spondylitis in this case as well as pelvic inflamatory diseases.
I hope you understood my concern.
Feel free to discuss more,in case of doubts.
Regards
3 Comments
Blank
Thank you so much for helping!
Cheryl  :-)
Blank
1083596_tn?1313398276
You are most welcome dear friend.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank