Arthritis / Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
Finger joint pains and nodules?

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Finger joint pains and nodules?
Hello! I have been diagnosed  with Lupus for around 5 years. Recently, my finger joints have been more sore and I have developed several small and very painful nodules on my knuckles on the middle of my fingers. Any thoughts and information would be appreciated.
Dear Friend,
As far as information is concerned, i would like to specify you that Lupus is like an Auto-immune disease and it slowly creeps and affects the various systems of the body.
The point is that , this disease causes inflammation, due to which the various systems of the body gets slowly destroyed.
The aim of the medications are to decrease the speed of inflammation and due to this only, the disease can be controlled.
          Since it's affecting your musculo-skeletal system, you are getting painful nodules on your knuckles, due to the joint inflammation resulting into swelling and arthritis.
If you need any more information, please let me know, so that i can guide you better.
Regards