Arthritis / Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
Kneecap pain after partial knee replacemtn
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Kneecap pain after partial knee replacemtn

I had a partial knee replacement on the outside part of my right knee about 5 years ago.  It was very successful - initially with little pain.  However, for the last two years I have had a lot of pain under the kneecap - accompanied by noise sounding like cloth ripping.  My doctor told me it was scar tissue and there was nothing to do for it until I needed the joint replaced with total knee replacement.

I think I can live with the pain in my right knee.  However, I just had (February 2009) a partial knee replacement done on the left (inside part), and I am worried about having the same thing happen.  I practice Aikido - a martial art - which is very vigorous.  I am able to practice again now, very fully.  I have been doing this for 25 years, so it's not something I can give up.  

What do you suggest?

Thank you,

Inga