Arthritis / Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
Symptons, treatments for arthirities
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Symptons, treatments for arthirities

I am 61 year of age, suffering from joint pains of and on and knee pain, i would like to know the Symptons, treatments for arthirities.
Related Discussions
1083596_tn?1313398276
Dear Tara,
Many thanks for posting the question.
Symptoms - Joint pain, swelling, early morning stiffness, improper walking, are the basic symptoms noted.
Treatment -
1) Medical Management is via pain killers to control the initial pain.Once the pain is less, physiotherapy is done to increase the tone and strenght of the muscles.Also we advice cartilage nutritional medicines to promote better cartilage repair to slow the speed of the arthritis.
2) Surgical management is via
a) Arthroscopic joint debridement to shape up the damaged parts for a better load sharing so as the slow the speed of the arthritis.
b) Joint replacement, in the form of unilateral / complete depending upon the area of damage.
c) Joint fusion, if chances of joint replacement success is meek.
I hope i was able to give a fruitful and concise answer.
Feel free to discuss more.
Regards
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank