Arthritis / Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
TNF drugs

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

TNF drugs
I am a 19 year old female and I was diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis and Akylosing Spondylitis.  I have had Henoch-Schonlein purpura since I was seven and have dealt with severe infections since then. I know that the drugs I will have to take weaken the immune system, but I am curious as to how much...I am a college student and I don't want to have to worry about being sick all the time.
Dear Bekah,
You are having a severe form of autoimmune disease and it needs to be tackeled with DMRD'S (Disease modifying drugs)Humiria and Remicade are examples of the same.
But the side-effects are too much.Hence a good rheumatologist is required for proper dose titration.
Regards
Hello!  Im 39 (and holding) and i have suffered the same since I was 19.  What medications are you on? How bad is your psoriasis and arthritis?
My Doctor has not put me on anything yet, she want's me to choose between Humira and Remicade, but the thought of taking either scares me to death because my immune system is already weak.
I'm on Methotrexate and have responed so well to it.  I'm doing things that I have not done for years.  I'm a nurse and around all sorts of bugs plus with 3 kids there is always something fllying.  I am very seldom sick.  Is this an option for you?
apparently mine is rather advanced for the short time that i have had it, so my drs wanted to use the strongest meds possible. if remicade does not work on it's on they will consider methotrexate