Arthritis / Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
inflamation after microfracture procedure
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

inflamation after microfracture procedure

Dear doctor,
I have been told that I have inflamation (inflammation) of the bone after a micro-fracture procedure that was performed unexpectedly, during an arthroscopy to my knee in June 09. I am 57 years of age. I cannot now straighten my leg and kneeling or walking without a limp is immpossible. Any information is given reluctantly and I have now been passed on to a new consultant who is very defensive also.
Before this I sometimes had a swelling to the back of my knee which may last for 2 or 3 weeks. I was told that this was a Bakers cyst. I was able to run, walk, kneel and hold my grandchildren without fear of my knee collapsing.
I understand that cartiladge repair was done during the arthroscopy. My knee is extremely swollen. the new consultant told me that nothing could be done but than said that he wanted to perform another arthroscopy to ( have a look)
Is there any treatment for inflamation (inflammation) of the bone? Can it spread? I am an NVQ Assessor but have not been back to work since June 09. Could a further arthroscopy benefit my knee or would I be better to seek alternative treatment.
Marie