Arthritis / Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
positive ANA
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
positive ANA
Hello,

Few of my joints hurt occasionally.
My blood test returned: positive ANA, speckled pattern (all other arthritis tests are normal).

Two years ago, I had negative ANA, so I assume I'm not in that 2.5% of healthy population with positive ANA?

My main question is: could this test result be at all related to me taking echinacea pills once in a while (with flu season around, I like to take it every few days)?

Thank you!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1083596_tn?1313398276
Dear Lisa,
I know you are aware of the ANA full form (ANA-Anti Nuclear Antibodies).
ANA positive (High Titre)  means that chances of Auto-immune disease are high in these population.But this doesn't means that you a not healthy.You are as healthy as the others.What you need to do, is visit a Rheumatologist or an experienced GP soon, so as to go for more diagnostic test to rule of the auto-immune diseases.
Reason is that, the chances of Auto-immune diseases like lupus,RA,SLE present, so we need to start active treatment of the same.
Feel free to ask us more.
Regards..
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703