Arthritis / Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
shoulder joint pain, worse with laughing/sneezing

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

I am having shoulder pain which is keeping me awake at nights. I recently helped a friend for moving his things to new house but i dont think it was too heavy. Also the pain gets worse at nights, it is there even if i am resting and is worse if my arm is streched or pressed when sleeping.

I used to have such joint pain before when i was in india in knee, elbow and shoulder joints during cold and cloudy weather but i have not had any problems from 2 yrs in sweden.

Also i would like to know if the pain could be diet related, since i ate lot of different things (like cake cookies some pickles nd vegetable rice) at nite but in day i was helping the shifting to friend so i skipped lunch.

The pain is further worse on laughing/coughing/sneezing or even breathing deep. Also i took some pain killer but it does not reduce to pain.

Thank you. Please help me ease this pain and also how to avoid it in future ?
Dear Krissboy,
What you are experiencing is early signs and symptoms of arthritis.Since the symptoms, which you have discussed, shown early changes,i would suggest you to meet an orthopaedician and get the X-Rays and MRI done, so as to prevent the further complications.
Medicines (Pain killers/Muscle relaxants/Anti-inflammatories) would surely help you a lot.
Also a good physiotherapist, would help you to stretch out the muscles, so that they don't get weak and cause further stiffness.
Feel free to discuss more with me in this context.
Regards
Hello Abhijeet,

I do not experience any stiffness or swelling in the joint, it is just the pain.
Further the pain i experience is just for few hours whenever it happens and is fine the
very next day.

Also since i just had dinner that day and was having gas problems. So i was worried
that gas could be the cause, which may be caused by particular food intake ?

Regards,
Amit

Dear Krissboy,
Gas would never cause this sort of a problem.Since you have specifically told that there is no stiffness or swelling, we can think more in terms of minor muscle damage.
MRI would be the best option available as the muscles/tissues can be best visualized using the MRI.
Regards