Arthritis Community
my hands and back are really hurting.

my hands and back are really hurting.

my little finger is bent cant straighten it out.  if i sit in a straight chair or stand too long my lowerback hurts bad.  if i stand and do something for a period of time.  like wash the dishes between my shoulders feels like pins sticking in it and my back feels cold.  could this be arthritus.  i wear gloves that have the finger tips cut out over night this seems to help my hads and wrist.  i use a stress ball to exercise them it helps some.  but the back i dont know what to do.  any ideas?  mandy876
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to osteoporosis. This can affect the bones and joints and cause generalized pain. The cause for the hand pain could also due be flexor tendinitis, inflammation of the tendons on the palmar aspect of the hand. This can happen with infections and inflammations. It can also be due to flexor tenosynovitis, which is inflammation of the tendon sheath. Please consult your primary care physician for further evaluation. Your doctor may ask for blood tests and x rays to detect the cause for the pain. In the meantime for pain relief you can use OTC Tylenol (acetaminophen). Also, take vitamin D rich food like dairy products.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.