Arthritis Community
not sure if i have arthritus or not.

not sure if i have arthritus or not.

my left hand is worse.  my little finger is bent and can not straighten. my right little finger is beginning to do the same thing.  they get sore and hurt.  I also have knots in the palm of my hand.  which makes it hard to turn door knobs are grasp a hold of anything.  is this arthritis are what? mandy876
I have a friend who had very similar symptoms. He was diagnosed and treated for "trigger finger". I'm sorry I don't know the medical term. He had hand surgery for both hands. He is doing ok but once you have surgery on something it will never be the same. Good Luck To You
my old doctor along time ago said that sometimes the surgery makes it worse.  he did say my fingers would probably bend someday.  guess he was right.  hope it does not happen to the rest of my fingers and hand.  mandy876
With proper treatment by a rheumatologist, you don't necessarily have to just accept that your hands will get worse. I've had rheumatoid arthritis all my life and still have use of my hands. Once you find the right meds for you, they will slow the progression of the disease.
thank you I am using Celebrex now but have to be careful.  I cant use aspirin.  I got anemic the doc took me off of it.  I got back on it but just use it when my jaw flairs up or my hands get to hurting really bad.  nearly everything you take has aspirin in it.  well I just live from day to day.  thank you for writing.  mandy876