Antibiotics for Psoriatic Arthritis
Has anyone ever successfully used antibiotics (minocycline, etc.) for Psoriatic Arthritis? Please share.
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you! I just don't want you to feel ignored. Hopefully some of our members can share their experiences.
I've been given minocycline by my Rhuematologist due to stomach problems, it helped but only for a brief time. He thought it better to go on probiotics ( activia yogurt etc) Probiatic pills are way to $$$$$ but the yogurt seemed to help, the minocyline did nothing to help my psoriasis though.
Thanks, Babs. I appreciate you taking time to respond.You might want to check out the book "The New Arthritis Breakthrough" by Henry Scammell. I've heard others say they also had to find other avenues for their psoriasis (skin) but Psoriatic Arthritis is primarily what I was interested in.  I wonder if your doc told you not to take the yogurt at the same time as the minocycline. The calcium in the yogurt interferes with the antibiotics ability to "do the job." check out the Road Back Foundation website for more info.
thank you for the heads up, ever since I found this forum I'm learning just how much I don't know  and I can't tell you what it means that there are people out there that are willing to take the time out of their busy lives to help someone else out if it be only a kind word or encouragement to something as intense and advice and alternative thoughts. I was never told not to eat the yougurt at the same time as I took the pills and I never thought twice about it. I wonder what else I do that is contraindicated. I have two chronic conditions that combat one another and it always seems like the treament for one is bad for the other and visa versa.