Arthritis Community
Arthritis Pain

Arthritis Pain

I have arthritis pain in many joints of my body, my feet especially. Is there anyone out there with the same issue, and is so, what have you taken to relieve the discomfort?
I suffer with osteoarthrits in most parts of my body.

For my feet problems I was advised to get insoles to put into the shoes.
This does not cure the problem, but it makes it a little more comfortable.  Make sure you do not wear tight shoes and that they are comfortable.

You can take pain relief like paracetamol and anti inflammatory medications.  
Just beware of Ibuprofen.  If you have stomach problems make sure you have an stomach pill like Omeprazole, or have one after food.

The other problem I encountered with Ibuprofen is swollen legs.  

I take Celadrin, but haven't felt much relief with that.  
Some people take Omega 3, cod liver oil, and other lotions and potions.  It is just finding the right one that suits you best.
I've had insoles for years, and would not be without them. I take Omega 3 also, and buy only really good footware. Tried the cod liver oil, but like you said, you really need to find what is best for you. I've been on Cymbalta since Christmas, but really feel there is not much relief in regards to my feet. My doctor now wants to try me on something new, more for neuropathy. Thanks though, like to hear from others.
It is a good idea for your doctor to test you for the neuropathy.  I didn't mention this as you didn't ask about it.

I am glucose intolerant and was diagnosed a few years ago as having peripheral nerve damage, consultant said "control your diabetes".  I am not diabetic.  

Pain in the feet and legs can also be referred pain from arthritic problems in the lower spine.  This is what I have.

I have also experienced pins and needles in my feet when I had a kidney stone when doctors could not diagnose my problem.

I had to stop taking my Ibuprofen because I had very swollen legs and my doctor said that Ibuprofen can cause odema.  My legs are not swollen now, buy they hurt a lot, as well as my knees, hips and meralgia parasthetica.

Do you suffer from diabetes at all?  People with diabetes do get neorapathic pains and numbness in their feet.
I do not have diabetes.  Over the last few months, I've had a CT scan, EMG and MRI. My feet do not go numb or feel like pins and needles. I can only explain the feeling as pressure on the bottom of my feet and when I walk, I feel unsteady. I do have narrowing in the spine of L 4 & 5.