Arthritis Community
Arthritis and pelvic pain, how does this relate

I have been diagnoised with a small case of arthritis in my lower back area for about 10 years now.  Recently i have been experiencing pain under the left side of my stomach in my pelvic area which runs to the top of my left thigh.  The pain also bothers me on the far left side of my hip and on the left side of my back.  The pain is so excruiating at times that I can barely walk.  Can all this pain be related to the arthristis in my back?
Tags: Pain
While it could be related, it could be something else and either way it should be investigated.  Pain left untreated can take on a life of it's own and that becomes a vicious cycle.  I had hip pain similiar to what you describe but not as bad.  I had arthritis, bursitis and osteoporosis at once.  I am not saying that is what your doctor will find, but I do hope you will go see your doc and have this investigated.
Thanks for your response and concern. Yes I have been to 3 different doctors so far.  My gynecologist after having x rays administered, directed me to my family doctor and he diagnosed it as diverticulitis but wasn't sure so he sent me for more x rays, a pelvic an CAT Scan, everything came back negative. The 3rd doctor I was referred to, an internal medicine doctor, after sending me for more x rays this time thinks its all stemming from the small arthristis in my back. But his not sure and sending me for an MRI.
I think the internist is on the right track and an MRI is a great next step.  You may also want to be screened for osteoporosis.  I do not fit the "normal" criteria for that condition, but sure enough I have it.  Please keep us posted!