Arthritis in the jaw?
Is it possible to have arthritis in the jaw?  I get pain in my jaw right near my ear, and I get pain in my ear, especially the left one.  I also get a sharp pains in my head on that side.  I am worried.  Doctors are not really giving me an answer, and I visited several dentists to check my teeth and for TMJ.  My jaw kind of clicks when I move it, but not really any pain in my mouth.

Since I have arthritis in so many other joints, is it possible to have it here too?  And would it cause the ear pain.  Ear specialist can't find anything either.  Thanks.
You are not alone!  I share your symptoms and my rheumy confirmed I have arthritis in my jaw.  I get pain in my ears and a constant "whirring" sound there too.  Bruxism does not help matters at all! I am able to get relief from accupuncture and muscle release therapy.
Thanks for answering.  Isn't it horrible?  Out of all my pain, this bothers me the most!
Yes, I have missed work and sat on the sofa with both hands holding ice packs to my face to try to get relief.  Honestly, until I had several sessions of accupuncture and MRT, I was in misery.  Now I have learned techniques to make it more manageable between visits.  It still has it's moments, but I no longer find myself near tears with the misery of it.  If you want to try MRT, check out this site http://www.mrtherapy.com/referrals.html.  I can honestly say that without this therapy I would still be hard down with pain.