Arthritis.......could it be?!
About eight years ago I fractured my foot in five places. Within the past few years I have been having aching pains in my foot and I can't wear certian shoes anymore.  I'm 27 years old and for some odd reason my current doctor seems to think all people my age just want pain medication and ignores the problem when I try to ask him about it. Could it be arthritis? If so what will help it when it starts to hurt? Right now I just soak it in hot water. That seems to be the only thing that helps.
    I had the same thing happen to me many years ago. After developing a very uncofortable cyst about the size of a pea on top of my foot the podiotrist told me I had broken  about 5 small bones on my foot at some time and had healed improperly. He removed the cysy and all was well for a few years . Now I have arthritis on that foot and nothing can be done. Hope your situation is different. They have given me meds. but I can not tolerate them so when the pain hits I soak it like you do then wrap it up . Wish you the best let me know what happens. cat33