BRUISING WITH ARTHRITIS
I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH RHEUMOTOID ARTHRITIS, IS IT NORMAL FOR THE PARTS OF THE BODY TO SHOW BRUISING AFTER A JOINT FLARE UP
Hi there, when I was first DX with Reactive Arthritis ( symptoms are alot like RA)  I had HUGE black and blue marks on my stomach, looked like someone hit me with a bat!  I had about 3 episodes of that.  Not sure if was the meds I was on at the time, methotrexate, prednisone and anti inflammatories ( Ketoprofen ).   I had mentioned it n passing to my GP and she said she wanted to see them the next time it happened but I went off the methotrexate and prednisone, I could not tolerate either.  4 years later I am now on Enbrel and so far so good, wish I had done it sooner.
I have RA and can tell you that the meds I take increase my bruising.  Sometimes I think a strong wind has left a mark because I don't recall hitting anything.
Hi !! I am also on Enbrel isnt it wonderful !!!