Arthritis Community
Been Diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, what now?

My dr done some blood tests a month back, but I have only just been able to get into see him. The came back positive for Rheumatoid Arthritis. All he told me is to take the Mobic that he had prescribed for me when ever I get a flare up. So I suppose my question is for you is, what now?
Tags: mobic
Hello!  Sorry to have the company in this condition but glad you found us!  There are many of us here with RA.
If you tested positive for RA and have symptoms of RA, then you should see a rheumatologist.  While Mobic may help, you need to have the care of a rheummy to measure the progress of the disease and your response to therapy.  It is important to make certain you stop the progression of the disease.
I also recommend you learn as much as possible about RA.  The more you know about the disease the better you can understand your symptoms, the implications and the treatments all helping you be a better advocate for yourself.
We are here to help.  You can reach out to us with questions, frustrations or when you need to commiserate with others who know what you are going through.