Big toe injury diagnosed as gout
Big toe injury diagnosed as gout.  A month ago, I was on a business trip wearing uncomfortable shoes and stubbed my toe.  This instance triggered a lot of pain which became progressively worse over a couple days.  When I went to my doctor upon returning home, I was diagnosed with gout.  (I’m 29 and eat well, work out regularly, etc.) A month later, most of my painful symptoms have disappeared but my toe still has general stiffness.  Last Thursday, I was walking and stubbed my toe again and the extreme pain returned. Can this be gout again?  Can gout be triggered by stubbing my toe, or is this something else? Possibly even misdiagnosed?
Gout is a form of arthritis that usually starts in the big toe. To me it does not sound like gout. Gout is usually triggered by certain foods and only sometimes by injuries to a joint. To me it sounds more like an injury that did not heal. I would see another doctor. An easy way to tell if it's gout is to stop eating red meat and fish. Those are big triggers. Or if you're having an attack try cherries as they are good relievers of gout.

My boyfriend has gout in his ankle and when he flares up he can barley walk. Food is always what makes it flair up. He cannot eat things like hot dogs or sausage or he's in pain for a week after. Also gout is cause by a build up of uric acid which crystallizes and gets deposited in the joints. So unlike other forms of arthritis which is cause by bone on bone action, gout is cause by bone on uric acid crystal action. So eating well and working out has nothing to do with getting gout. I would get a second opinion.