Burning Pain
For a little while I was experiencing a burning pain in my hand.  It disappeared to my chest area above my breast.  I went to the doctor and was immediately tested for diabetis which came up negative.  The doctor advised that it could  either be anxiety, damaged nerve or a lack of vitamin B.  As a test run he put me on Neurotin and Vitamin B complex.  I have been on the medication for one week now but instead of the pain getting better now I am begining to feel this burning pain (now more severe) all over my body including my joints.  It is accompanied with pin-sticking pain in the sole of my feet and my fingers which sometimes feel battered at the tips.  

Dr. what is your opinion on my condition and should it be worsening even though I am on the meds?

This discussion is related to Burning and tingling pain in feet combined with achy joints.
This is not the doctor forum, but will try to give you some answers.
Did they do a 2-3 hour fasting glucose? Sometimes that is the only way to detect diabetes, especially if it's early stages.
Did they run tests for Vitamin deficiencies?
B-12 deficiency can cause a neuropathy (nerve damage) of the small (sensory) fibers and Neurontin and B vits (mostly B-12) are a way of treating it. It's possible you are not tolerating the Neurontin, but it's best to discuss that with your doctor. I do know that as the nerves heal, it can cause more pain. Small fibers CAN regenerate. It's the long fibers that generally don't.

Sometimes neuropathy can be of unknown origin (idiopathic) but the best chance of reversing it is knowing the cause and treating that.

I would suggest that if it continues to be that painful, you call your doctor and let him/her know. They may decide to try a different approach.