Bursitis/Osteoarthritis/pins needles/stiff fingers
I'm new to this site. Five months ago I was told I had bursitis of the left hip (its very painful and swollen). Then eventually in June I was offered xrays and a CT scan which showed up slight osteoarthritis in both hips. Would the osteo have caused the bursitis?  Also have a burning sensation down the front of my thighs. Then two months ago I started having pins and needles in my right hand quite a bit during the day. I was sent to physio but this wasn't any help at all and at present am waiting the letter from the physio direct to my doctor discharging me and suggesting what to do next. I've also recently found both my hands very stiff on waking in the morning.Plus the whole thing has bought my hot flashes back after 2 yrs free . I'v been subscribed Naproxen and Amitrypline. We're due to go on a 9hr plane journey next week and I'm not really looking forward to it !  Has anyone got any suggestions please?
The bursitis usually comes from an impact injury or trama... maybe a car accident, or you hit your hip on a sharp, hard corner or you fell on your hip... it is inflammation of the fluid-filled sac (bursa) that lies between a tendon and skin, or between a tendon and bone... so RA or osteoarthritis can increase your risk of development...  I had it on my leg after a car accident and after physical therapy for it I finally got through it... the bursa was absorbed by my body is what the doctor told me... it hurt like fire burns! I hope you feel better soon and it clears up quickly.  Good luck!
I would say the osteo led to bursitis - they often go hand in hand. Inflammation in the hip joint can, in turn, irritate the surrounding nerves, which could be causing the burning sensation down the front of your thighs.

Speaking of hands (sorry!) try sleeping with a wrist brace or other device that prevents you from curling/clenching your hands while you sleep.
My doctor said I had bursitis in my right hip and gave me injections six weeks apart.  These did not help, in fact the second one was so painful it stopped any activity for 3 weeks.

I haver had x-rays, and cat scan, and like you, showed early OA in both hips.  The consul,tant was not sure what was causing my pain.  Offered injections, which I refused.  Now I am seeing physiotherapist at the hospital who tells me the pain in my hip is referred fromarthritis in my spine.  I am having gentle manipulation to free the fixed joint and make it supple again.  I do exercises too, and have started aqua aerobics, which helps.

I get pins and needles down my legs and in my toes.

On a plane, you will have to get up at intervals and move around.  Bringing knees to chest helps relieve pain in lower back and hips.  Keep feet moving.  Safe journey.  Let us know how you got on.