Arthritis Community
C5-C6 Malady

C5-C6 Malady

I have had an MRI which showed that I have a "moderate sized" osteophyte in the foramen at C5-C6 which is impinging a nerve that fires off a prominent burning sensation out the end of my right shoulder and down part of the arm. At times the arm feels too heavy to be functional if I get a flare up. I can tilt my head forward and to the left and release the nerve enough to ease the pain but that causes problems in other areas of my neck. I have been doing physical therapy for it and am using a Saunders cervical traction unit for now, which seems to have helped some but not a significant amount. Do you feel that the traction has the potential to aid this problem or is the expense of purchasing one ($400+) worth the investment?
Has your Doctor sent you to Physical Therapy? Can't you just have the traction done there? Thats what I did. It helped a little, but I had to end up having surgery. Although, I had a lot more going on in my c-spine than just an osteophyte.

Take Care