Can a 34 year old slim fit woman have gout?
Help.  i woke up on Wed and couldn't go to work because my foot was so sore (where big toe joint is, and ball).  Took 4 ibprofrin and hobbled into work 3 hours later. Got through day.  Next morning i woke up at 3 am with more pain than i could fathom.  Foot was red and very swollen.  Excrutiating.  Caught taxi to Dr.  he said i have gout?  blood tests showed normal uric acid level.  Treated me for gout anyway.  I'm on colgout.  It's been 5 days.  Still can't walk.  Toe joint is still swollen.  Can't bend toe up and have minimal motion down.  I'm petrified!  I love running, hiking etc and being imobile like this is killing me.  I suffered from a similar painful episode about eight months ago but podiatrist just gave me implants.  i've been sore in rigt foot big toe joint for about eight months but just dealing with pain.  but nothing like this. I don't see why i'd have gout (but i do drink red wine often????).  i don't even eat meat or any of the foods that lead to gout.  but if not gout what is it?  do i keep taking colgout on 5th day now if swelling is still there?
Dear friend
i think you should test your RA factor and ASO titre ok
and now what is your drug now?
yours
There is a disease called psuedogout in which the crystals that form are from calcium.  Even the most fit, healthiest of people get struck with these horribly painful and debilitating conditions.  
I suggest that you see a rheumatologist so that you can have a deeper analysis of your condition to verify that you have been correctly diagnosed and, as such, receive the correct treatment.
Let us know what you find out and how you are doing.