Celestone: How Long Does It Last?
My arthritis doctor for the first time gave me some Celestone injections on Monday morning.  By the afternoon the pain in my hands was gone, really gone.  That lasted for about twenty-four hours and now, slowly, the pain is coming back.  There doesn't appear to be a specific Schering website for Celestone, but I've checked DailyMed and some other sites and they don't have an answer to my question:  For how long a time period are the Celestone injections supposed to help?  I'd assume it should be more than 24 hours, but I don't know.  
About all I can find online about it is that duration of relief varies from patient to patient.  I don't have any experience with it, however from what I read about its use for acute phases of inflammation, and its side effects, it sounds similar to prednisone. My guess is that it's supposed to be used for short duration until other meds kick in, similar to prednisone.