Clubbed Nails, Splinter Hemmorhage's and Chronic Joint Pain
I am thirty three years old and I have been seeking a diagnosis for my chronic pain for twelve years. I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after seeing a rheumatologist and am seeking further diagnostic information.
I have dull pain without swelling in my joints that has become much worse over the past ten years. I am poor and at the mercy of the system and have not had access to very good doctors.

I have splinter hemorrhage's in most of my fingernails ( I am happy to attach a photo if I can figure out how). My fingers have also been clubbed for as long as I can remember. I test negative for RA and I am feeling so desperate to find the problem so that maybe I can feel better. I have seen a neurologist who diagnosed and treated me for vitamin D and B12 deficiencies. I have seen a Rheumatologist who has put me on neurontin and I have been referred to a shrink because of how depressed I am because of the pain. Any Thoughts? Anyone?
Thanks!!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include neuro-muscular causes, inflammations, degenerative conditions, auto-immune causes, micronutrient deficiencies, hormonal/ endocrine abnormalities etc. I would suggest seeking an internist initially, preferably at a university/ teaching hospital and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you so much for your response.