Arthritis Community
Constant Joint & Bone Pain

Constant Joint & Bone Pain

Hello, I have constant joint and bone pain - a dull ache. The pain is throughout my body but especially worse in the shoulders, ankles, knees, neck, and BACK. It is worse in the morning when I wake-up ~ I spend 15 to 30 minutes every morning stretching in order to try and relieve some of the pain. I'm a 30 year old female with no health issues. My father was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis a few years ago. I do not experience any joint swelling or redness/warmth to the joints. Is it still possible I may have RA? Or something else??  

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
How long has this been going on?  Does the pain improve or worsen with activity?  What have you tried, besides stretching, to get relief and how well has that worked?  Have you seen a doctor?  Those of us with family members with autoimmune disorders are more likely to develop one of our own if not the same one as our relative.  If this has gone on for over a month, it is time to get it checked out.  Please write back and share additional information and let us know what you find out.  
Thanks for the reply txsilver! I've always had some back pain but the joint & neck pain began about 6 months ago. The pain improves with activity especially stretching. I'm actually looking into yoga or pilates in hopes of reducing the joint aches. I haven't seen a doctor yet although I'm going to make an appointment soon with my PCP. I'm afraid the Dr will see my age, no health history, and assume I'm crazy to complain about joint pain/aches. I've tried sleeping on the couch & my spare bedroom bed thinking maybe my bed is just uncomfortable but I always wake up with the same pain.
Please do make an appt to see your doc.  Check out the post at the top of the forum regarding first rheumy appts.  If your doctor writes you off because of your age or thinks you are crazy, go to another doc.  I don't think you are crazy and you are not too young to have this happen.  Usually, inflammatory forms of arthritis feel better after activity and you are not too young for that.  I hope that you do not have one of these forms of arthritis, but your symptoms are worthy of further exploration.  Please let us know what you do and what you find out.  We'll be here for ya!
hi ,I experience very similar kind of pains.. especially in the morning and especially in my fingers.. today I was driving my car for a while and I am feeling severe pain in my right feet (which I was driving with).
I am so worried coz this has been over a month now and I think it gets worse with activity ..can you help me ?
hi i also experience constant joint pain for yrs now. it started in my knees and it is hereditry my doc told me i had artritis in my knees but now im getting ankle pain and pain in my right hip especially after resting. i love D.I.Y but i cant paint for long now as i get terrible pain and swelling in my wrists for days after, could this be something more serious? dont want to go to my doc as i have been havin other medical problems and im afaid he will think im some kind of hypochondiac, but i do need advice on this!
Sounds familiar ! This pain seems to come and go, but for the past couple (at least) weeks, I have had aching in my ankles. The pain goes up and down my leg, mostly lower part. It gets worse when I drive. Now I am experiencing an ache in my left arm and hand while driving.  Seems like it may be arthritis, but I am just 30 yrs old. When my ankles act up, my right knee does also. When I go to stand up, it doesn't function normally, there is a delay, then it pops into place, causing an uncomfortable feeling. Even though there is a constant ache and some shooting pains, my legs and feet seem to always have a sense of half numb. I need to go to the doctors, but I haven't had any luck in the past.
Arthritis can strike at any age. Osteo-arthritis (the wear and tear type usually associated with age) can start early due to congenital deformities or a joint injury due to accident, work or sports.

The auto-immune type, rheumatoid arthritis, can start literally at any age. I've had it since age 5 and have seen infants as young as 6 months old suffering from it.

When one joint is in pain, it throws off how you walk, sit, stand, etc. so the pain often seems to "migrate" to other joints, like what is happening with your ankles and knee. You back pain could also be connected to the pain in your ankles and knees. When it comes to joints, everything is connected - pain in one joint affects the next one to it, and so on down the line.

It sounds to me like a nerve in your lower back is getting pinched, which can cause the shooting pains and numbness in your legs. That it worsens when you're driving is another clue that the source could be your lower back. Driving is another classic cause of pain and numbness in the hands and arms. Muscles tighten, become inflamed and swollen, and press on the surrounding nerves.

Ask for a referral to a rheumatologist, who is qualified to diagnose all kinds of arthritis, osteo and rheumatoid, as well as a host of other related conditions.