Cramping hands - numbness
My fingers and thumb on my left hand have been cramping consistently over the past couple of months. My left pinky and half of my left ring finger have been numb off and on for at least ten years. Can someone tell me what is going on
?
The numbness sounds like you may have something going on with your ulnar nerve.  If you lean on your elbow a lot or keep your arm bent a lot talking on the phone or something similar, you can cause this problem.  Caught early, it can be reversed.  After 10 years it is still worth talking to a neurologist about to see what options are available.  The cramping of your fingers could be due to could be due to arthritis but it could also be due to repetitive motions or over use.  Have you tried anything to relieve the cramping?  I will often use arthritis heat wraps or topical treatments on my hands when they are cramping - I just have to remember not to touch my face or eyes!  Have you tried taking an antiinflammatory med?