Arthritis Community
Does this sound like Arthritis?

Does this sound like Arthritis?

I have always had "clicky" joints with pain, when i went to the doctors as a youngster he would dismiss it as growing pains however since i was 16 i have had back pain, hip and knee pain and now i am experiencing pain in my ankles and feet.

The pain in my hips is mostly like someone is sliding a needle through the deepest part of the joint. Sometimes this is accompanied by pins and needs or muscle twitching and often sends shooting pains down my thigh to my knee. I've found because of the pain i am unable to walk very much at all.

I have been having physiotherapy but it seems to be hurting me more, and i have a very limited amount of movement in my hips and knees, with each joint making crackling noises as they move. Mobility in and out of the bath is also difficult.

I am 21 years old, female and i'm not overweight so i'm not sure what the problem can be? I also am not overly athletic but do keep fit, and i have had no injury or the like.

Please help, thank you!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include neuro-muscular causes, inflammations, injuries, auto-immune conditions, infections, nutrient/ micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
could it possible be coming from a problem with your sciatic nerve?
It would be difficult for it to be a nerve when the pain is in the groin which indicates a problem with the joint itself. Sciatica manifests itself in buttock pain?
Sciatica can send pain from your butt to your toes. I used to get flare ups all the time because of dance. I would try laying down on the floor with your legs up against the wall at a 90° angle it should relieve pressure and if it helps a lot then you know it's sciatica. Good luck :-)