ESR count 42
I just got the results back from my blood test, everything was ok but my ESR was 42. the nurse asked if I was ill at the time of the blood test, but I wasnt. So she's suspecting I may have arthritis, is it common for a 19 year old to have arthritis? I usually get pains in my kidneys and I'm tired alot. What I really want to know what possible problems could be wrong with me?

I have a repeat blood test so I thought I'd get an idea of what I might have wrong with me before I get the blood test re-done.

thanks
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Aside from infection, increased ESR may be due to anemia, malignancy, kidney disease, thyroid issues as well as autoimmune disorders. However, an abnormal ESR does not prove that you have a certain condition and other diagnostic tests are almost always needed. It is best that you discuss the results with your attending physician also. Other factors such as your symptom, medical history and results of other tests are important considerations also. Take care and do keep us posted.