Arthritis Community
Elbow pain

Elbow pain

My question is it possible to have pain in the left and right elbows, forearm with the right elbow stiff with grating
and my left hand pinky and ring finger are numb in morning when I awake sometimes the elbow pain is worst at night.

Thanks:GeraldB
If you are experiencing the pain, then it is definitely possible.  It sounds like you might have carpal tunnel or tennis elbow going on.  How long has this been going on?  Have you tried resting your elbows, using ice or heat for relief?  Does anything help?  Is it worse after certain activities?
Thanks for the response and it`s been going on for a few months now.
I`ve been resting my elbows while on my 2 week vacation and taking
alieve sometimes ,heat and ice at times if I did any type of work like
washing the car or yard work anything that involves movement of my
hands it adds to more pain.last night both hands at the same time
ring and pinky fingers and a part of my palm went numb and woke
me up this has never happen before.
I am not a doctor but it sounds an awful lot like carpal tunnel to me as I have had similar problems and that was what they told me.  I call it my hurricane Ike injury because I got it from being on the computer non-stop that weekend (I grew up down there.)  My suggestion is that you get to a doctor.  This has gone on quite awhile and instead of getting better, a new symptom is emerging.  Please make an appointment and let us know what you find out.
it sounds to me like you have ulnar nerve entrapment possibly from some inflammation from your elbows. whenever the tendonitis in my elbows or shoulders is really bad, I have numb pinkies too. I have a sharp pain running down the back of my arm and then into my pinkies and when I would wake up in the morning, I would also have the numbness in my pinkies and ring fingers. carpal tunnel usually causes the other fingers to be numb. Also, I had what you are explaining only 2 weeks ago for a few weeks until I got a cortisone shot in my elbow. after that shot, my pinkie and ring finger stopped being numb. Also, I had carpal tunnel release on that same arm 3.5 months ago, so I know that my numbness was not carpal tunnel. :) I'd advise seeing an orthopedic surgeon/sports medicine doctor for the problem. such a doctor should be able to fix you right up. mine fixed me right up each time one of my joints acts up.