Epsom salt bath?
I'd be interested in people's views on the benefit of Epsom Salts baths. Also, what would be the recommended amout for an old fashioned (deep) bathtub?
I take them but as yet have not figured out if it is the Epsom salts helping or just the warmth of the bath.  I suspect I don't put enough in the bath - the instructions on the package sure asks for a lot.
I tried it for the first time last night and had the best nights sleep for weeks. Feel really good this morning (but late for work because I slept in!) I put around a pound of epsom salts into a deep bath.
I love a Epsom Salt soak in a tub.  I have been told that it raises levels of magnesium, that your body absorbs it while you soak.  Among other benefits, magnesium aids with the muscle function.  Whatever the case, soaks definitely relieve the discomfort of arthritis and associated problems.
Magnesium is wonderful for the muscles. A deficiency causes lots of problems. You should check it out. And if you want to get it cheaper, check at a farm co-op for a 50# bag.

I hate soaking in the tub. I get totally bored, the ADD kicks in. I fix me up a foot soak and watch tv while I soak in it. Probably not as good as a full body soak. This soak can be reheated a couple of times.