Arthritis Community
Exteme Pain in Knees,what test should I ask doctor for?

I am changing doctors and would like the doctor to test me for all kinds of Arth. I have severe pain in my knees,to get any kind of relief I have to stretch it hard,then it starts hurting all over again,this happens at night all through the night,I also have about 40% weakness on my leftside,and at times feels like my left leg is missing the knee cap,then with in moments its back there again,making it hard to walk normally,I walk very carefully. I have extreme lower back pain 24 hours a day,if bumped,it burns and hurts horrible. I have very horrible pain on my left foot,below the bigtoe,on the side,the bone that protrudes,if it gets bumped,I want to scream in agony.I have high blood pressure,and have had depression for many years. I am asking if any of this sounds familiar to anyone,and what kinds of testing shoul I ask for,what I can do to ease the pain,and what I can do to sleep thru the night,it has been over 15 yrs,I havent sleeped thru night. Thank you for any help.
Angel
I can relate to the knee pain and not sleeping through the night.  Have they run any tests on you?  X-rays?  To start, my doctor ran blood work which showed an elevated RA factor and high sed rate.  That earned me a referral to a rheumatologist and a whole host of more tests were run before I got a diagnosis.
Hope this helps some.  Hang in there and let us know what happens.
Thank you for replying,any ideas may help bunches. Im in the middle of changing doctors so no blood testing done as of yet,the doc does have lab in office,that helps.I noticed I have about 3/4 of the sym. of Fibrom.
Does this seem possible with all that Im feeling?
Thank so much!
Angel
I was first dx'd with fibro.  The symptoms of fibro are vast and the only way to get dx with it is by ruling out everything else.  
You don't mention what kind of dr. you are seeing.  Are you going to a rheumatologist?I would expect they will run some preliminary blood work including RA factor, ANA, SED rate, etc. to see what that indicates.  This may be accompanied by or followed by x-rays, MRIs, etc.  
To get the best bang for your appt, document everything.  I just wrote another member a few things to take to the first appt.  Check that out.
Good luck to you and keep us posted!